Besos! A Valentine’s Day look
Less than one week away until one of my favourite holidays!
I’ve actually never celebrated Valentine’s Day with a guy, but being a total girly-girl, it’s still one of my absolute favourite holidays. I’ve been planning this year’s festivities for more than a week in advance (friends, be on the lookout for gifts!), but the number-one thing for me is spending the day doing things I love with the people I love most. I’m going to get my hair coloured during the day and then what was originally going to be a night of red velvet cake eating and then Fifty Shades of Grey with my best guy friend (I sent him the knife emoji basically tell him we are hanging out), turned out to be getting a massive crew together and spending it at Festival du Voyageur (a big two-week French Canadian festival in Winnipeg).
Anyways, if you are spending Valentine’s Day going out with either your bf or bff, there is nothing sexier than a red lip. My usual go-to date look is a brown/gold smoky eye and a nude lip, but since it’s V-Day, a little red lipstick is totally appropriate (which is kind of ironic since you can’t really kiss with red). Anyways, for this Valentine’s Day look, I went with a neutral eye with some subtle gold and purple and then topped it off with Lise Watier’s Baiser Velours matte lip colour in Love Kiss for the most Valentine’s Day-appropriate lip.
1. Fill in your brows, then lay down a shimmery white eyeshadow primer. I used MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study. Then, with MAC’s Satin Taupe and a fluffy crease brush, work this lightly into your crease.
2. With a gold-toned shimmery nude, like MAC All That Glitters, place this all over your lid.
3. Using a lavender shade, like MAC Beautiful Iris, place this on the centre of your lids. This is supposed to be very subtle, so don’t use a shade that’s very pigmented.
4. With a gold (the one I used was from a limited edition MAC collection probably six years back, I forgot the name because it was depotted, but any gold will do), place this along the inner corner of your eyes.
5. Line your upper lash line and then apply a couple coats of mascara. Because I wanted the focal point on the lips, I used a brown pencil liner as I find that brown is more subtle than black, especially for blue eyes. I used MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Stubborn Brown. For mascara, I used CoverGirl Bloomsies Lash Blast mascara with NYC Show Time Smokin’ Hot mascara over top. Feel free to add some falsies for a flirtier eye look.
6. With Satin Taupe, lightly dust this along your lower lash line. Then, with a shimmery cream shadow (like MAC Phloof!), place this along the inner lash line. After, apply a coat of mascara to your bottom lashes.
7. Apply your foundation and concealer (I used NARS Sheer Glow foundation in Vallarius and Maybelline Dream Lumi concealer), then set your concealer with a banana powder (I used the banana shade from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit). Carve out your cheekbones and contour (also used a shade from the Contour Kit), and then apply a pink blush. I used Make Up For Ever HD Blush in 215. For a highlight, I used the highlight shade from the Sephora x Pantone Universe Radiant Orchid cheek palette (it’s the same highlight as this year’s Marsala version).
8. For the lips, first line your lips using a red liner (I used CoverGirl Lip Perfection liner in Passion), then with a matte red, carefully apply this to your lips. I used Lise Watier Baiser Velours in Love Kiss.
Make sure to spray your face with a makeup setting spray (I used L’Oreal Paris Infallible makeup setting spray) so you look fresh and radiant all night. Pair this look with a cream lace top for a sweet look, or a little black dress for something sexier.
For more Valentine’s Day looks (including a different one by yours truly), check out last week’s FASHION magazine Beauty Panel challenge.
How will you be wearing your makeup this Valentine’s Day?
Like what you read? Check out these related posts.
- Ooh la la! Valentine’s Day Gift Guide, plus giveaway!
- How to be a #bombshell!
- Lovespell: a sweet Valentine’s Day look
- Bring on the glitz!