Lovespell: A sweet Valentine’s day look
Four more days until Valentine’s Day! Do you have your date night planned out? How about your outfit? Most importantly, how will you be doing your makeup?
I decided to create two looks for this year’s holiday, a sweet look, and one a little sexier. I’ll save the sex factor for later in the week, but this sweet look is simple to do and uses colours that should be staples in anyone’s makeup collection.
1. As always, prime your face and eye area first. I used the Arbonne Makeup Primer for my face and Too Faced Shadow Insurance on my eyes. After, fill in your brows, I used a dark brown shadow.
With a champagne-coloured eyeshadow, apply this along your brow bone to highlight the area. I used Arbonne eyeshadow in Linen.
2. With a taupe eyeshadow and fluffy crease brush, apply this right under the highlight but above your crease, acting as a transition colour. I used Arbonne eyeshadow in Sand.
3. With a purple eyeshadow and a crease brush (like MAC 217), work this into your crease area. I used Arbonne eyeshadow in Cabernet, which is a buildable colour.
4. With a lilac eyeshadow, like MAC Beautiful Iris, apply this on your lids.
5. With a cream colour, like MAC’s Phloof!, apply this on the centre of the lids to brighten up the area.
6. Line your upper lash line with either a gel liner or a liquid liner, winging it out, and then apply a couple coats of mascara. I used Marc Jacobs Beauty Magic Marc’er in Blaquer and Covergirl Lashblast Bombshell mascara in Very Black.
7. Now, apply your foundation, concealer, contour, highlight, and blush. I used Arbonne Perfecting Liquid Foundation with SPF 15 in Fair, Arbonne Intelligence CC Cream in Medium for my contour, with Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess over top. For blush, I used Arbonne Blush in Taffeta, and then IT Cosmetics Hello Light Powder Illuminator as my highlight. Finally, I used Dim Light from the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette as a setting powder.
8. Back to the eyes, using the same dark purple colour used in the crease (Arbonne Cabernet), apply this with a pencil brush along your lower lash line.
9. To finish up the look, line your waterline with a black eyeliner and then coat your bottom lashes in mascara. For the lips, I used YSL Rouge Volupte in #7 Lingerie Pink.
And that’s the final look! I did use a lot of Arbonne products (this was actually my first time trying out the brand), and was very happy with how everything turned out. Their primer and foundation is fab! If you are looking for a seller, Erin Ryan is wonderful! She’s a local seller here in Winnipeg but can ship the products pretty much anywhere.
I hope you enjoyed this look, and keep a lookout for my sexier one coming up later this week. Also, if you want some more Valentine’s Day makeup inspiration, check out last week’s FASHION magazine Beauty Panel challenge.
One more thing, don’t forget to enter my Matrix Valentine’s Day giveaway!
Like what you read? Check out these related posts.
- Ooh la la! Valentine’s Day Gift Guide, plus giveaway!
- How to be a #bombshell!
- The classic: Red Carpet glam!
- Bring on the glitz!