Bring on the glitz!
With the holiday season fast approaching, that means tons of glitter, glitz, and parties! I’m all about looking fab during the holidays and love dressing up, layering on the makeup, and fluffy the hair up. The bigger, the better!
For this particular look I used the Sephora Color Anthology palette, which is a makeup library comprised of 70 eyeshadows. If you are lacking in eyeshadows, this is the palette for you. From nudes to fun shades, there is every colour you could imagine in this giant fold-out palette. The plus side? It’s only C$42 and the quality of the shadows is really good as well; they go on quite opaque and blend really nicely.
Because all that glitters is gold, I chose to go with a gold/copper smoky eye, complete with falsies and nude lips. All the eyeshadows I used for this tutorial are from the Sephora Color Anthology palette.
Here’s how to get the look!
1.Lay down a gold cream eyeshadow as a base. I used Sephora Pantone Universe Light Storm Liquid Shadow in Caramel Cream (currently on sale!).
2. With a matte brown shadow, apply this to your crease.
3. With a shimmery light gold eyeshadow, apply this to the inner corners of your eyes, blending towards the middle.
4. Grabbing a copper colour, apply this from the middle to the outer ends of your lids.
5. With your blending brush, pick up a shimmery purple/copper colour and apply this to your crease, blending everything together.
6. Apply a liquid eyeliner, winging it out. I used Marc Jacobs Magic Marc’er in Blacquer.
7. Curl your lashes, apply a few coats of mascara, and then pop on falsies.
8. With a full-coverage foundation and a beauty blender, apply this to your face. I used Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 foundation.
9. Apply a concealer under your eyes to mask any dark circles. I used Covergirl + Olay Eye Rehab Concealer, which is a CC cream concealer.
10. To brighten the eye area, apply another concealer, this time a few shades lighter than your skin tone. *Note, you can skip step nine and just do this. Personally, I like the mix of the two steps though.
11. Fill in your brows and then with a cream white eyeshadow, apply this to your brow bone to open up the eye area. I first filled in my brows using the matte brown colour from the Sephora Color Anthology palette then went over them with Benefit’s Gimme Brow. For the highlight, I used Covergirl Flamed Out Shadow Pencil in Crystal Flame.
12. With a matte white shadow, apply this over the cream shadow along your brow bone.
13. Grab the copper colour you used earlier and apply this along your lower lash line.
14. With that purple/copper colour you used for the crease, apply this on the outer edges of your lower lashes to smoke it out. Apply a black pencil eyeliner to your waterline.
15. To really make this look sleek, contour with a matte bronzer. I used Smashbox Bronze Lights Bronzer in Suntan Matte with my Make Up For Ever Artisan 154 brush (this brush is perfect for contouring the cheekbones).
16. With either a peach or tan-toned blush, apply this to the apples of your cheeks, blending up. I used NARS Madly.
17. To finish everything up, I used the Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette. I brushed Dim Light all over my face, Radiant Light over my contouring bronzer, and then Iridescent Light as my highlight.
And that’s the final look! There are a lot of steps involved, but I love the outcome. I think the Sephora Color Anthology palette is a great deal for what you get, and it’s notebook style makes it easy to store or travel with. I don’t own any of those Coastal Scents or BH Cosmetic palettes, but I feel like with this one, I won’t ever need to order those and it’s from a brand that I know and love already.
The palette is special for the holiday season and you can still purchase it online at Sephora.com. I personally haven’t seen this one in stores.
I hope you enjoyed the look, and let me know if you tried it out!
Please note, this post contains product that were sent by PR. All opinions are my own.
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- The showstopper: Marc Jacobs Beauty Showstopper Set
- Deck the halls! Eos Smooth Sphere lip balm holiday pack
- Get glam! Glam Glow Mud Masks
- Raindrops on roses… Too Faced A Few of my Favourite Things set