I was thinking that other day that summer is just flying by. Guys, it’s already the end of July, and when I really think about it, what have I done all summer? Okay, to be fair, I have travelled a fair bit, and yes, I have been to a beach and going to my friend’s cabin this weekend, but it feels like summer has just begun. There are so many things I feel like I need to do.
Anyways, as I mentioned in a couple posts ago, I recently bought the Kylie Cosmetics Take Me On Vacation palette since I a) have a makeup problem, and b) I’m a sucker for summer eyeshadows. I love bronzes and pinks with the occasional blue thrown in.
The Kylie Cosmetics Take Me On Vacation palette is the perfect summer palette since it features lots of lighter colours to complement a tan. There are 16 shades in here, seven shimmers and nine mattes. There’s some shimmery pinks and golds, lots of browns, and the most stunning shimmery blue that will have you dreaming of the beach in the Caribbean.
The palette also includes a dual-ended brush, one side being an eyeshadow brush and the other a fluffy crease brush. The pigmentation of the colours are fabulous and blend out easily. This is my first time trying one of her eyeshadow palettes and I’m very impressed with the formula of the shadows. The one I was the most hesitant with was the blue colour (Island Girl), however, I found it went on quite pigmented and creamy right off the hop (although I did layer it over a blue eyeliner in this particular look).
1. Fill in your brows then lay down a neutral eyeshadow primer from your lids to your brow bone. Then, using a pink cream eyeshadow, apply that to your lids (I used Sigma Beauty Awake Eye Shadow Base).
2. With a fluffy crease brush, apply Sea Breeze to the crease lightly to act as a transition shade.
3. With an eyeshadow brush, apply First Class to your lids.
4. With that same eyeshadow brush, apply Summer ’17 lightly over First Class.
5. With a crease brush, apply Coconut to the crease.
6. Using that same brush, apply Palm Tree to the crease to darken it up.
7. Line your upper lash line using a brown eyeliner to soften the look (I used Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Eye Pencil Waterproof Eyeliner in Satiny Taupe. Then curl your lashes and apply some mascara (I used CoverGirl Total Tease mascara, L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise, and Benefit They’re Real!). If you wish, you can add some falsies (although I didn’t).
8. To finish it all up, you can either apply Island Girl directly along your lower lash line or apply blue liner first. I used Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Eye Pencil Waterproof Eyeliner in Matte Pastel Blue. After, apply mascara to your lower lashes.
To finish off the look, apply a flawless foundation (I used NARS Sheer Glow – a fave of mine), some bronzer (Stila Stay All Day bronzer), a peachy blush (Mary Kay), a wicked highlighter (Tarte), and a nude matte lipstick (Kylie Cosmetics in Bare- also from the vacation collection).
Overall, I really like this palette and have been using it non-stop since I purchased it. The only thing I don’t like is that there is no highlight in there. For this look I actually used a highlight shade from the Too Faced Sweet Peach palette. Sure, you can use the shimmery pink to highlight the inner corner, but I often wear that colour on the lid, so it defeats the purpose. Not a huge deal, but if I do take this palette on vacation I’ll have to make sure I have a shimmery or matte cream for highlighting.
Have you tried the Kylie Cosmetics Take Me On Vacation palette?
Like what you read? Check out these related posts: