With the weather getting warm and festival season in full swing, I have been obssesed with colour. Since rocking a blue or purple eye isn’t really suitable for everyday wear (depending on what you do), I love adding a subtle pop into a neutral look to make this trend easy to wear and subtle enough that anyone can pull this off.
For this look I used Iiquid liners from Kat Von D, which is perfect to add colour into any look. I love layering a bright liquid liner over my black cateye to really add some flair to the makeup. I’ve been doing this trick for years and it really stands up and will make anyone look twice once you start throwing some winks.
1. Lay down a neutral-colour primer. I used Sephora Colorful Shadow & Liner in Secret Boudoir. This cream shadow is a great primer as it matches my eyelid colour and is matte.
2. Using Naked from the Urban Decay Naked palette and a fluffy crease brush, apply this lightly in the crease.
3. With Buck from the UD Naked palette and a crease brush (like MAC 217), apply this in your crease area to darken it up.
4. With a gold shade, like Half Baked, apply this on your lids, blending it lightly into the crease.
5. To add some shimmer, I grabbed Stila Magnificant Metals Foiled Eyeshadow in Kitten and applied this on my eyes using my fingers. For this look I didn’t use the mixing medium, I just grabbed the product directly.
6. For the liner, first I used Kat Von D Ink! Liner in Bosch, a brown shade, winging it out.
7. Overtop of the brown liner, I applied a blue one. I used Kat Von D Ink! Liner in Dali.
8. Apply mascara and if you wish, some falsies. I used Kiss Ever EZ Lashes in 03. For the lower lash line I just put Buck down and then applied some mascara. I made sure to put a nude liner in the waterline as well.
9. Apply your foundation and concealer. I used NARS Sheer Glow in Vallarius with IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye in Light. To contour I used Sephora’s Sun Disk Bronzer with a Sephora Pro Contour 79 brush.
10. For the highlight, I used Make Up For Ever Pro Sculpting Duo in #1 with a Sephora PRO Full Coverage Airbrush #53 brush (love this brush for the highlight).
11. For the lips, I used Kat Von D Mini Studded Kiss Lipstick in Noble. To set everything, I used Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix setting spray.
The thing I love about this look is that it’s so neutral, but that added blue liner really makes it pop. Switch out the liner for a different shade (like purple or pink) for the same effect.
How do you rock coloured liner? Will you be rocking this trend this summer?
Please note, this post contains products that were sent by PR. All opinions are my own.
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- Sparkle & Shine! A holiday look featuring Make Up For Ever
- Up the high-def! Make Up For Ever releases HD Pressed Powder
- Brush it off! Make Up For Ever releases new Artisan Brush Collection
- The lash diaries: Make Up For Ever releases Smoky Extravagant mascara