I’ve been obsessed with drugstore makeup lately.
Since drugstore brands are expanding their range of products, you can do a full face of makeup, all with products at a lower price point. And lots of your favourite makeup products, including cult-classic shadow palettes, primers, and setting sprays, are now getting more affordable dupes.
Love the Urban Decay Naked palette? Well, what if I told you you could pick up a similar palette for C$7.97? In case you missed it, New York Color’s spokesperson is Demi Lovato, who recently released a makeup collection with the brand exclusively at Wal-Mart. In addition to an eyebrow pencil and mascara, the Lovatics by Demi line includes a natural shadow palette, complete with 12 nude shades.
In case you haven’t seen the Natural eyeshadow palette, it’s almost an exact dupe for Urban Decay’s Naked One. In fact, when I first laid my eyes on it, I was like “wait a minute…”. So in honour of my most-used shades from the Urban Decay Naked Palette, Buck, Sin, Naked, and Virgin, I came up with a wearable everyday makeup look that is completely made up of drugstore products.
Since I wanted to show you guys how amazing the NYC Lovatics by Demi collection is (the mascara retails for C$4.97 and the eyebrow liner is C$3.97), as well as some incredible new releases from Rimmel London, Maybelline, and CoverGirl, this look is totally wearable and totally affordable.
1. Since this is a light eyeshadow look, I applied my foundation first. I used Rimmel London Fix & Protect Primer. For foundation, I used Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation in Soft Beige.
2. Next, moving onto the brows, I used the NYC Lovatics by Demi Eyebrow Liner in Medium Brown then Rimmel London Brow This Way Brow Styling Gel to set them.
3. Next, lay down an eyeshadow primer (I used Maybelline Eyestudio Mattifying Eyeshadow Primer) then with a fluffy crease brush, apply shade three (the lighter matte brown) from the Lovatics palette into your crease.
4. Using that same brush, grab shade five (the darker matte brown, AKA the dupe for UD Buck) and apply that over the lighter brown in your crease to darken it up.
5. With an eyeshadow brush, apply shade two, the shimmery champagne, on your lids.
6. For the brow highlight, apply shade one (a shimmery bone) to your brow bone.
7. Curl your lashes and apply a couple coats of mascara. I used NYC Lovatics by Demi Volume & Length Mascara. For the lower lash line, I apply the darker matte brown (shade five) and then curled my lashes with mascara. I popped shade one into the inner corner to highlight.
8. Apply your concealer (I used Rimmel London Match Perfection Skin Tone Adapting Concealer in Fair) and then contour and add blush. I used CoverGirl Tru Blend Bronzer and Tru Blend Blush in Light Rose.
9. For the highlight, I used the highlight shade from the Maybelline Face Studio Master Contour Contouring Kit.
10. For the lips, I went with a poppy pink. I used Rimmel London The Only 1 Lipstick in Pink a Punch.
This is usually my go-to look for when I want to wear a bright colour lip, so I love how you can totally rock it for way less money.
For under $8 I’m super impressed by the quality of the shadows in the Lovatics by Demi palette, and if you can get your hands on it, it’s totally worth it. I also really love the eyebrow pencil, although I’m not a huge fan of the brush on the lid, but it’s no biggie since I have a spoolie anyways on hand.
To celebrate the awesomeness behind the NYC Lovatics by Demi collection, New York Color Canada was so gracious to send me a signed copy of Demi Lovato’s Confident album, which I’m going to pass onto one lucky reader, as well as items from her collection, including the eyeshadow palette, mascara and brow liner. The contest is open internationally and closes on April 30; enter via the Rafflecopter below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Please note, I was sent these items by PR. All opinions are my own.