So after playing around with the Sephora Collection Disney Minnie Beauty items, which launch in Sephora stores and online next month, I couldn’t wait to come up with a look that encompassed all the items (well the six out of eight that I received from the collection).
Since the collection features a red lipstick, I based everything around that. I went easy on the eyes, using colours from the Minnie’s World in Color Eyeshadow Palette (C$56), with some dramatic false lashes to take this look from cute to sexy. I layered the two liquid eyeliners for a mod look and then keep it pretty in peach with the blush. I used the brushes from this collection, which were amazing by the way, and then made sure everything was perfect in the end with the Reflection of Minnie Compact Mirror.
1. Fill in your brows then lay down an eyeliner primer. I used the Kat Von D Lock-It Color Correcting Eyeshadow Primer in Fair. Then, using the blending brush from the Brush Up On Glamour – Minnie’s Beauty Tools set grab the colour Flirt in a Skirt, a matte brown, and lightly apply it in the crease area.
2. With the shadow brush from the same brush collection, grab the shade Put a Bow On It, a matte cream, and apply that on your lid area.
3. Using the same brush, apply Starlet, a shimmery rose, over Put a Bow On It.
4. Again with the same brush, apply Ex-Boyfriend, a shimmery lilac, overtop of Starlet to layer all the colour together.
5. Using the blending brush again apply Pick Me Up at 8 to the crease area to darken it up a bit.
6. To highlight the brow bone, apply Daisy’s My BFF, a matte white.
7. Grabbing the black liquid liner from the Minnie’s Black & White Felt Liner Duo, line your upper lash line winging it out. After, apply some mascara and pop on some falsies. I used Kiss Blooming lashes in Peony.
8. With the white liner from the same set, gently apply a thin line directly over top of the white to add a pop of colour, plus a modern way to rock Minnie’s black and white polka dots.
After, lightly apply a mix of Flirt in a Skirt with Pick Me Up at 8 along the lower lash line. For the inner corner, I used Some Like it Dot, a shimmery copper to highlight.
9. Apply your foundation and concealer. I used Too Faced Born This Way foundation in Porcelain. For the concealer I used a shade from the Sephora x Pantone Universe Color Correcting palette. I also used the powder brush from the Minnie brush collection to apply the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light over top of everything. After, apply your contour, then with the angled blush brush from the Minnie brush collection, apply the Minnie’s Inner Glow Luminizer Blush. For my highlight I used Becca Cosmetics Champagne Pop overtop of Benefit High Beam.
10. For the lips, first line your lips with a red lip pencil (I used one from Make Up For Ever), then apply Minnie’s Perfect Red Lipstick.
To finish off the look, grab your favourite pair of Minnie Mouse ears, a Disney graphic tee (or a polka dot dress) and the compact mirror from the collection and call up your Mickey to hit the town!
As I said in Friday’s post, I’m super impressed by this line. I’ve tried some of the other Disney collabs that Sephora has released in the past and they were totally hit or miss. Everything I’ve tried from this collection has been a total winner and definitely worth it to pick up.
What’s on your wishlist from the Disney Minnie Beauty collection?
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- The Holiday Collection: Disney Cinderella Collection by Sephora Moonlight Kiss lipstick set
- The Holiday Collection: Too Faced Sweet Indulgence Palette
- The Holiday Collection: Coach Wristlet
- The Holiday Collection: Benefit Cosmetics The Big 10