Looking for the perfect Valentine’s Day gift?
Sure flowers, chocolates, and teddy bears are stereotypical V-Day presents, but really, I’m sure most people would want something they will actually use.
If you’re a makeup person, or even a huge 50 Shades of Grey fan, then you have to check out Make Up For Ever’s 50 Shades of Grey collection. I believe this is actually the first movie collaboration that the iconic Parisian makeup brand has released, and it doesn’t disappoint. Even if you aren’t a fan of the franchise, you need to check this collection out.
There are three different sets in the collection (available at Sephora now) inspired by the main character Ana. Hands-down the showstopper is their Give In To Me set, which is includes lip and eye products housed in a treasure box that also includes a secret compartment for love notes, makeup, or other naughty stuff ;).
The products included feature a four-shadow Artist Shadow palette in I-514, ME-612, S-556, I-625 (aka two iridescents, one metallic, and one shimmer), a full-size Graphic Eyeliner (which is one of their new products), a full-size Smoky Extravagant mascara, a full-size Rouge Artist Natural lipstick in N4, and a full-size Lab Shine lip gloss in D14. So you get eight full-size Make Up For Ever products for C$90 (a C$204 value). Let me put this in perspective for you, four artist shadows would cost you $96 ($24 a shadow), so for six dollars less you also get a full-size mascara, eyeliner, lipstick and gloss, plus a gorgeous keepsake box, which even if you aren’t a fan of Fifty Shades of Grey, it’s still super cute and well worth the money (honestly, the only 50 Shades thing about it is on the pink stripe along the side which has quotes from the book).
The set also includes a little book, which has notes from makeup artist Victoria Down’s favourite looks, techniques, and backstage secrets.
Fifty Shades of Grey the movie launches the day before Valentine’s Day, so I haven’t quite seen the makeup from the flick yet (although the book in the set features Ana’s looks all the way from innocent to sexy), but the variety of shades that MUFE included in this set are neutral enough that you could wear these everyday and create everything from natural to dramatic looks.
1. Lay down a pink-toned cream shadow as a base (I used Benefit’s RSVP Creaseless Cream Shadow), then with MUFE Artist Shadow in S-556 and a fluffy crease brush, lightly work this into your crease.
2. Using an eyeshadow brush, apply ME 612 all over the lid area.
3. With a crease brush, work I-628 into the crease area and blend.
4. Line your upper lash line, winging it out. For an extra-black line, I used MUFE Graphic Liner.
5. Curl your lashes and apply a couple coats of mascara. I used MUFE Smoky Extravagant mascara.
6. With I-628, smoke this along your lower lash line and then apply a coat of mascara to your lower lashes. With I-514, apply this to the inner corner of your eyes and along your brow bone to highlight.
7. Apply your foundation, concealer, contour and blush (I used NARS Sheer Glow foundation in Vallarius, MUFE 5-Color Concealer palette, L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro Matte powder in tan to contour, and Make Up For Ever HD Blush in 215). For the lips I used MUFE Rouge Artist Natural lipstick in N4.
8. To add a bit of shine, apply MUFE Lab Shine lip gloss in D14.
I seriously cannot say enough good things about this set. Even if you aren’t a Fifty Shades fan, this collection is seriously worth the money (and best of all, it’s not too in-your-face Fifty Shades of Grey).
Skip the flowers, chocolates, and teddy bears, your bae will love this way more.
Will you be picking up anything from the Make Up For Ever Fifty Shades of Grey collection?
Please note, this post contains product that were sent by PR. All opinions are my own.
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- Sparkle & Shine! A holiday look featuring Make Up For Ever
- Up the high-def! Make Up For Ever releases HD Pressed Powder
- Brush it off! Make Up For Ever releases new Artisan Brush Collection
- The lash diaries: Make Up For Ever releases Smoky Extravagant mascara