Sugar + spice: Too Faced Everything Nice holiday set
What’s sugar and spice and everything nice? Well, Too Faced’s 2014 holiday set, of course!
This is the third year where I have received Too Faced’s holiday set, which always includes a palette and some sort of goodie. Two years ago it was an eyeshadow brush and a full-size of Too Faced Shadow Insurance, all housed in a tin; last year it was a mini of their fab Better Than Sex mascara and Lip Injection Color Bomb! in Bee Sting with a chevron envelope bag; and this year it’s a couple brushes, Better Than Sex mascara, and a pink sequin clutch.
Along the same lines of their past two holiday collections, you get 20 eyeshadows, two blushes (a pink and a coral), a bronzer (their yummy Chocolate Soleil – smells like chocolate), and a highlight (which was the only thing missing from last year’s set). In addition, you get three brushes – an eyeshadow brush, an angled eyeliner brush, and a contour brush. Also, don’t forget about the travel-sized Better Than Sex mascara (a personal fave) and the gorgeous pink sequin clutch (one side only, it also doesn’t fit the palette for some strange reason). Always a staple in their holiday sets, you also get a little pamphlet with different looks to recreate.
Like I said, Too Faced basically releases this set every year, just switches the colours up and the additional products it comes with. This one is very similar to last year’s A Few of My Favourite Things set, but slightly enhanced, as that one had two bronzers, as opposed to this one which has the one, plus a highlight. I always find these are great value for what you get, as this retails for C$68, with a value of C$545. The quality in the products is also fabulous, I did a smoky eye using this set (see below) and there was virtually no fall out, which is great considering I used the darkest shade, Chocolate Moon, which also contains glitter.
Since this is a holiday palette, I chose something dark and festive, perfect for a Christmas party. There are a variety of colours in this palette, everything from mattes to shimmers to glimmers, which makes it a great set to have on hand, but especially so for travel because of its sleek size and its contents (it has basically everything you need in terms of shadows, blushes, bronzer, and highlight).
1. Fill in your brows and lay down an eyeshadow primer (I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance to keep it in the family). Then with Turtle Dove, apply this on your brow bone as your highlight.
2. With a fluffy crease brush and Fawned of You, lightly work this into your crease, acting as your transition shade.
3. With a black cream shadow (I used this one from Yves Rocher), apply this all over the lid area, it’s okay if it’s sloppy, you just want to place the colour down. Try not to get it into your crease.
4. With Chocolate Moon and a dense flat shader brush, pack this only on your lid over the black cream shadow, try not to get it into the crease.
5. Using a clean fluffy crease brush, grab Be You and blend this into your crease, making sure to blend out the black so there are no harsh lines.
6. Curl your lashes, apply a few coats of mascara and if you wish, pop on some falsies.
7. With a brown cream shadow, apply this along your lower lash line.
8. Using a mix of Girly and Chocolate Moon, lightly place this over the brown cream shadow we used along the lower lash line. Curl your bottom lashes and you are complete.
I used Chocolate Soleil as my contour, Papa Don’t Preach as my blush and Inner Light as my highlight.
I know this set is sold out online, but if you were interested in it, check your local Sephora store. I loved last year’s Too Faced palette and I feel like this one is so similar, but has the addition of the highlight, which makes it more complete in my opinion. The set from two years ago was housed in a tin, which is pretty for gift purposes, but not for storage and travel, so this year’s set is a far improvement compared to that one.
I think this is the perfect gift for any girl, and one of my best friends will be finding one of these guys under their tree this year.
Is the Too Faced Everything Nice set on your wish list?
Please note, product sent by PR, all opinions are my own.
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- The sweetest gifts! Holiday gift ideas from Benefit
- Fresh-faced beauty: skincare gift sets
- Made to go: Sephora mini holiday sets
- Paint the town: Sephora Formula X Paint Party