With it being summer, sometimes I just want to rock a natural look. Now I don’t tan very well, plus I still like to look put together, so I’ll cheat and wear minimal makeup that still makes me look like I’m not wearing much at all.
For this look I used Benefit Cosmetic’s The Bronze of Champions kit, which is the cutest makeup set I own. The actual case looks like a cereal box and when you open it, it has all the staples for a natural bronzy look.
The kit includes:
– 0.08 oz Watt’s Up! Soft Focus Highlighter for Face
– 0.11 oz Creaseless Cream Shadow in Bikini-Tini
– 0.04 oz Longwear Powder Shadow in Thanks A Latte
– 0.1 oz Hoola Bronzing Powder
– Powder Brush
– 0.22 oz Ultra Plush Lip Gloss in Hoola
– 0.1 oz They’re Real! Beyond Mascara
Now if there is one thing I have learned about Benefit’s sample sizes, it’s that they last forever (except for the mascara). This kit may include minis of some of their full-size best-selling products, but trust me, for the price you are paying for the kit (C$38 at Sephora), this will last you a while. I have found I have been tossing it in my bag when I go to my boyfriend’s pool, because it has everything you need for touchups.
For this particular look, I used everything from the kit, plus a BB cream, concealer, and a black eyeliner.
1. Apply a BB Cream all over your face. I have been loving Dior Diorskin Nude BB Cream because it gives me a light finish but still makes my skin look great. I recommend a BB Cream or tinted moisturized for this look because you want it looking natural. A lot of BB creams contain SPFs (Dior’s contains SPF 10), so you are getting that sun coverage in case you are spending the day outside.
2. Apply a concealer to cover dark circles and brighten up the eye area. I used Benefit’s Fake Up! concealer in medium for coverage and moisture. After you apply your concealer, fill in your eyebrows (not shown). I used It Cosmetics Brow Power pencil.
3. With a champagne cream eyeshadow (like Bikini-Tini from this set) apply this all over the lid area, bringing it up on the brow bone.
4. Next, with a bronze eyeshadow, apply this lightly to your crease. I used Thanks a Latte from the set.
5. To add a bit of definition and darken up the lash line, with a black eyeliner, line your tightline. I used Make Up For Ever’s Aqua Eyes in black. After, curl your lashes and add some mascara. I used Benefit’s They’re Real! TIP: If you want to wear this look to the pool or beach, layer a waterproof mascara over top of your non-waterproof one for staying power.
6. With a bronzer (like Benefit’s Hoola, which is a gorgeous matte bronzer), apply this along the hollow of your cheekbones, on your temples, along your jawline, and on your T-zone; really anywhere the sun would naturally hit.
7. Add a highlight to the tops of your cheekbones (like Benefit’s Watts Up!, a champagne-coloured shimmer) and then a bit of gloss (like Benefit’s Hoola lipgloss, which actually looked more pink than bronze on me) to finish up the look.
And voila! A natural bronze “no-makeup” makeup look.
Please note I was sent some of the products mentioned in this post by PR. As always, all opinions are my own.
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- Fake it! Hangover-free makeup
- A punch of colour: Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids (photos, swatches, and more)
- It Cosmetics Hello Lashes 5-in-1 mascara
- Falling leaves: a fall look featuring It Cosmetics