Electro-pop! EDM festival makeup
Last week I attended a local EDM music festival that was no Electric Daisy Carnival (EDC), but still really fun.
When it came to how I was going to do my makeup it was a no brainer: bright colours and totally over the top and out of my comfort zone. For this look I did a rainbow of colours on my eyes and then finished it up with an ultra-pink lip. I used mostly Make Up For Ever products because of their awesome colours and pigmentation. The palette I used in particular is the Technicolor palette which is limited edition, but I believe it is still available at Sephora.
Here’s how I did it.
1. Lay down an eyeshadow primer (I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance), then apply a cream white eyeshadow. I used Rimmel London ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Stick in Witness White. Use white so the bright colours can really pop.
2. On the inner corners of your eyes, pop a yellow cream shadow as a base. I used Make Up For Ever’s Aqua Cream in 24 yellow.
3. With a yellow eyeshadow, such as Jaune from the Make Up For Ever Technicolor palette, apply this over your yellow base.
4. With a blue eyeshadow (I used 72 from the Technicolor palette), apply this on the centre of your lid.
5. Grabbing a green shade (I used 91), place this on the outer V blending into the blue.
6. With a purple colour (116) and a fluffy brush, blend this along your crease melding all the colours together creating a rainbow.
7. With a white shade ( I used the matte 00 shade), apply this onto your brow bone.
8. For the lower lash line, set down a cream green shade. I used Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in 52.
9. To really amp up the volume, place some silver iridescent glitter over top. I used Make Up For Ever Holodiam Powder in 303, which I believe was limited edition for the holidays. NYX makes an affordable option.
10. To finish up the look, apply a blue liquid liner, winging it out (I used Lancome Art Liner in Azure), and then a couple coats of mascara. Amp up the look with some false lashes.
For the rest of my face, I used Benefit’s The POREfessional as a primer, then applied Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation. For concealer I used the Make Up For Ever 5-Color Camouflage concealing palette, and for the lips I used Wet n Wild Mega Last Liquid Lip Colour in Click On My Hyperpink because once it’s on, it’s on. To set everything I used Victoria’s Secret Make It Last Prime & Set Makeup Spray.
Hope you enjoyed the look and Happy Canada Day!
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- Fake it! Hangover-free makeup
- It’s a scandal! Rimmel London ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Sticks
- A punch of colour: Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids (photos, swatches, and more)
- It Cosmetics Hello Lashes 5-in-1 mascara