Last Saturday I was a friend’s date to a wedding. Perhaps most excited about dressing up for the occasion I chose to go with a spring-time look for my makeup. I wanted to rock Shocking Coral by Maybelline, so I chose to go with a neutral eye with some dramatic falsies to really set the look apart.
Here are the steps to create it.
1. Prime your face with a foundation primer (I used Smashbox Photo Finish primer). Then, working straight on the eyes, apply either an eyeshadow base or a neutral coloured cream eyeshadow. I used Bare Study Paint Pot by MAC.
2. Using a matte light brown eyeshadow, apply this in the crease area. I used Naked by Urban Decay.
3. Apply a neutral eyeshadow to the lid area. I used Naked Lunch by MAC.
4. Going back to the crease area, grab a darker matte brown eyeshadow (like Buck from the UD Naked palette), and using a pencil brush (in the photo it’s an angled one but I used the one in the right photo – that makes sense, right?), and darken up the outer V area. Because this look is pretty neutral, don’t go too dark with this.
5. Apply a gel or liquid liner, winging it out slightly at the ends. I used Rimmel London ScandalEyes Waterproof Gel Liner.
6. Apply a coat of mascara then pop on some falsies. I used Velour Lashes in Lash in the City.
7. Done with the eyes for now, apply a full-coverage foundation. I used Laura Mercier’s Silk Creme Foundation, applied with a Beauty Blender.
8. To cover up dark circles and lighten the area, apply a concealer that’s a shade lighter than your foundation under your eyes. I used Make Up For Ever’s 5-Color Camoflage Concealer palette. Once you have applied your foundation, make sure you set everything with a powder. I used Make Up For Ever’s HD Microfinish Powder (not shown).
9. Moving onto the eyebrows, fill them in. I used Buck from the UD Naked Palette.
10. Time to finish the eyes. Grabbing the same darker matte brown (like Buck), apply this along your lower lash line.
11. With a white eyeshadow (like Virgin from the UD Naked palette), apply this to the inner corners of your eyes.
12. To open up the eyes even more, apply a white cream eyeshadow along your brow bone. I used Rimmel London’s ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Stick in Witness White.
13. To finish up the eyes, apply a nude-coloured eyeliner to your waterline. I used It Cosmetics Brow Power Lift (the matte side).
14. Almost done! Grab a bronzer and contour your cheeks, forehead, and along your chin and jawline. I used It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores bronzer for an airbrushed finish.
15. To brighten up the cheeks, apply a pink blush. I used Super Orgasm by NARS.
16. For a radiant glow, apply a highlight to your cheekbones, forehead, and cupid’s bow. I used High Beam by Benefit.
17. And finally, for the lips, apply a pink coral lipstick (or any bright shade) to finish the look. I used Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids in Shocking Coral.
I hope you enjoyed the look!
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- It’s a scandal! Rimmel London ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Sticks
- A punch of colour: Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids (photos, swatches, and more)
- It Cosmetics Hello Lashes 5-in-1 mascara
- Falling leaves: a fall look featuring It Cosmetics