Looking for an achievable look that can easily transition from day to night? I rocked this look a couple weeks back and loved how neutral and pretty it was.
Here’s how to create it!
1. Starting off with your eyes, prime them and then apply Naked from the Urban Decay Naked one palette all over the lids.
2. With a pencil brush, apply Smog along your crease. Then, with a fluffy brush, blend out the line.
3. Using Toasted, apply this over your crease (so above Smog).
4. With an eyeshadow brush, apply Sidecar all over your lids.
5. With a pencil brush, grab Toasted again and apply this along your lower lash line.
6. Using an eyeshadow brush, apply Virgin (the lightest colour in the palette) along your brow bone as the highlight.
7. Using a gel liner (I used Buxom’s Lashliner in Sequins), apply this along your upper lashline, winging it out. For this particular gel liner, I also recommend setting it with either matte black eyeshadow or black with glitter shadow (like Creep from the UD Naked palette).
8. Curl your lashes, apply mascara, and then if you want, pop on a pair of falsies. I used Katy Perry by Eylure lashes in Cool Kitty.
9. Moving onto the face. Apply a primer, and then with a concealer a few shades lighter than your skin tone, apply this underneath your eyes, down the bridge of your nose, on your forehead, and then on your chin to brighten up your face. Then blend. I used Make Up For Ever’s five-colour Camouflage Palette in number two.
10. After your concealer is blended, apply your foundation. I used Make Up For Ever Pro Finish in shade 115. I applied it using my elf Studio Kabuki brush.
11. Moving onto the contour. With a bronzer, apply this lightly down the hollows of your cheeks, onto your temples, on your chin, and the along the bridge of your nose. I used Smashbox Bronze Lights Suntan Matte bronzer, which I got with a Sephora 500-point perk. I have been obsessed with this bronzer because it’s matte and applies really smoothly (not muddy like other bronzers on the market).
12. With a dusty-pink blush, apply this to the apples of your cheeks. I used Makeup Designory (MUD) blush in Rose Beige.
13. To finish up the face, swipe a highlight along your cheekbones and down the bridge of your nose. I used It Cosmetics Hello Light Illuminating Powder.
14. To finish off the look, I kept me lips as a nudish pink. I first applied NYX lip liner in Flower and then topped it off with NARS lipgloss in Turkish Delight.
And that’s the completed look!
I chose to use the Urban Decay Naked palette because it’s a palette that a lot of people have (especially those obsessed with makeup, like myself). It’s also the palette that is the most versatile in my collection and the one I recommend the most (and the one I always bring to travel).
Have a great weekend!
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- Glitter dust: Fairy Halloween makeup
- Brown and beautiful: NARS Cordura duo
- The Holiday Collection: Urban Decay Naked Palette
- Easy brown smoky eye featuring Maybelline’s 24-Hour Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe