When I was three I received the 1991 special-edition holiday Barbie from my uncle for the holidays. Now, since I was so young and “collector’s item” would never have dawned on me, I opened it and played with her. I mean, what three year old wouldn’t? Well, to this day, my mom still makes me feel guilty for playing with Barbie, especially since the value of those dolls go up every year.
I was in the mood to do a holiday look since I have Make Up For Ever’s Holodiam powders, two limited edition glitter powders special for the 2012 holiday season. What I ended up coming up with reminded me greatly of 1991 Holiday Barbie and her beautiful emerald dress. Also, on a side note, emerald was chosen as Pantone’s Color of the Year for 2013, so here is a nice way to sport it.
Here is how to get the look!
1. Starting off with a clean face, work on the eyes first. Using an emerald or turquoise cream eyeshadow, apply this all over the lids. I used Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Turquoise, which was limited edition from summer 2012, however, you could try Maybelline’s 24-hour Color Tattoo in Edgy Emerald instead. You will want to use a cream eyeshadow so the glitter will adhere better.
2. With a flat-shader brush, blend of the colour. Then, using a fluffy crease brush, blend the crease so there are no jagged edges.
3. With a glitter powder, like Make Up For Ever Holodiam Powder in 302, apply this all over the lid area, over the green. This glitter in particular is plum with pink, purple, and turquoise highlights, so it blends perfectly with the base.
4. Using a shader brush, grab more of the turquoise/emerald colour and apply this along your lower lash line. Then, using your finger, blend the colour out.
5. With a highlighter, apply this to the inner corners of your eyes.
6. With a black eyeliner, line your upper lash line, winging it out slightly. I used Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in black.
7. With a pencil liner (I just used the same one), like your waterline.
8. Fill in your brows and then apply the same highlight to your brow bone.
9 & 10. Curl your lashes and apply some mascara. Since this look is very glam, I highly recommend popping on a pair of your fullest false lashes. I used Velour Lashes in Lash in the City.
11. Moving onto the face, apply a primer and then foundation. I actually used the Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream for this look.
12. Using a lighter-coloured concealer, apply this underneath your eyes, brightening them up.
13. Using a tan-coloured blush, apply this to the apples of your cheeks.
14. Because this look is all about shine, apply a highlight to your cheekbones. I used Benefit High Beam.
15 & 16. To finish up the look, apply a pink nude lipstick, then a nude lip gloss with glitter over top. I used Disney Cinderella by Sephora My Moment lipstick with MAC Lip Gelee in Fashion Flower over top.
[caption id="attachment_3236" align="alignnone" width="584"]
I hope you enjoyed the look! Let me know your favourite holiday look!
Like what you read? Check out these related posts: