I have a confession to make. I have never seen the movie Breakfast at Tiffany’s. I seriously think I’m the only girly-girl out there who hasn’t seen this classic film that made Audrey Hepburn famous. You would think this movie would be my fave, but no, I’m more interested in horror (some of my absolute favourite films are Edward Scissorhands and The Ring).
So this brings me to today’s post. This month’s #NYCBeautyPro challenge was to recreate a look from a movie in preparation for the Tribeca Film Festival that takes place April 15-26. Everyone knows the iconic Audrey Hepburn black dress, pearls, cigarette stick (that’s what they’re called right?) look, and since we were sent some pretty awesome products this month, I decided to channel my inner Holly Golightly.
In addition to two City Proof 24Hr Eyeshadow Sticks (which I love by the way), we were sent the NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder in Pink Cheek Glow, as well as all six of the new Smooth Proof Liquid Lip Stains. These little guys give lips a fresh tint of colour and last up to four hours. I’ll be doing a full review on them soon, so I’m going to keep my thoughts out of this post, but they do have a pretty thin consistency. If you are looking for something more full coverage, I would try something else.
1. With NYC’s City Proof Long Lasting Eyeshadow in Wall Street Bronze, apply this all over your lids.
2. With a brown eyeshadow (I used a taupey-brown from a NYC trio) apply this lightly in your crease. We don’t want to go overboard, just add dimension, so go light.
3. Fill in your brows (Audrey Hepburn had some defined brows) and then line your upper lash line with black liner, winging it out. I used the NYC City Proof Eyeshadow in New York Night, then went over top with their Show Time Velvet Eyeliner in black. Add some coats of mascara, and if you want (I didn’t), some falsies.
4. Contour your cheeks (I used their Sunny Bronzer) and then with a pink blush, like the Colour Wheel Mosaic Face Powder in Pink Cheek Glow, dust this lightly on your cheeks.
5. For the lips, use a nude lipstick (like the Expert Last Matte Lip Colour in Smooth Beige), then with the Smooch Proof Liquid Lip Stain in In the Spotlight, paint that over top to add a subtle pink shade.
This particular look is super easy to do. All you basically need is a black winged liner and a nude gloss. Slap on some pearls and diamonds, and if you want to get really fancy, grab a faux cigarette and that fancy stick thing and gloves and you’ll be transformed into Holly in no time!
Who’s your favourite movie character?
Please note, I am part of New York Color’s #NYCBeautyPro program. All opinions are my own.
Like what your read? Check out these related posts:
- Fast-paced nails: NYC In a New York Minute Quick-Dry nail polishes
- A New York state of mind
- Turn up the heat! Wal-Mart Canada summer essentials
- OMG! Sally Hansen releases Miracle Gel polish