It’s not even Halloween yet, but in true retail fashion, stores are already starting to introduce their holiday collections. I typically save all my holiday gift guides for closer to the season (AKA November), but I couldn’t resist posting just this one.
This isn’t a review, but instead a tutorial using The Body Shop’s new Enchanting Eyes quad in Dolly Pastels, a quad palette with four shadows, perfect for blue eyes. Encased in a Christmas jumper case, these four shades (three frosts and one matte), is a perfect gift for any girlfriend (who wouldn’t love an eyeshadow palette). There is also a twin palette (Frosted Pastels), which is more suited for brown eyes.
I couldn’t wait to start playing with this guy, so since I was going out last Friday night, I took the opportunity to create a smoky creamsicle look. I used all the colours from the palette aside from the shimmery purple.
How’s how to recreate it.
1. Fill in your brows, then pop the cream shimmery colour along your brow bone to highlight.
2. Lay down an eyeshadow primer (I used Benefit’s RSVP), then with an orange shadow (I used MUFE S-798, one of the new Artist Shadows from Make Up For Ever), place this under your highlight just above the crease, acting as your transition colour.
3. Using a crease brush (like a MAC 217), dip it in the matte brown colour from the palette and work this into your crease.
4. Using an eyeshadow brush, sweep the orange colour on your lids. I did find this colour to be a bit sheer, so you may have to build it up.
5. With the matte brown from the palette, apply this to your lower lash line, then coat your bottom lashes in mascara.
6. Line your upper lash line, making a cat eye. Curl your lashes, apply a coat of mascara, and then if you want to up the sex factor, pop on a pair of falsies.
And that’s the final look. Super easy and so on trend for the holiday season.
This was my first foray into The Body Shop shadows and I was very happy with the consistency of these. I do want to note that there is some slight fall out with the shimmery shades so I would apply foundation last. Also, I may just be obsessed with the packaging on this product, so much so, that maybe some of my friends will be finding this same palette in their stocking this year..
Will you be picking up one of The Body Shop’s Enchanting Eyes palettes this holiday season?
Please note, this product was sent by PR. All opinions are my own.
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- Get #selfie-ready with The Body Shop
- Make me up: The Body Shop brushes
- Smooth infusion: The Body Shop Argan Oil body care
- Raindrops on roses… Too Faced A Few of my Favourite Things set