So if you are clueless about fall trends, or need a little inspiration, Procter & Gamble (P&G) Beauty has launched a YouTube page to create some inspiration and runway-ready looks perfect for fall.
My favourite from the bunch included this Looking Glass look, called Undone Glamour, which features a loose side braid and nude and pink makeup.
From P&G: This feminine statement is the ultimate in effortless beauty. Match a touchable loose side braid with cool texture to the pastel makeup trend; think pale pinks and lavenders. Get soft matte-coloured eyes and lips that will spell out one word: Pretty!
Total swoon, right? So like any beauty blogger, I just had to recreate it and then post it on my blog to share with all of you. The YouTube page does include a step-by-step guide on how to do this exact look, but I just swung with it and did my own stuff.
Here’s how to recreate it.
Before we get into the steps, start off with freshly washed hair. I used Pantene Pro V’s new Everlasting Ends shampoo and conditioner, which prevents up to 95 per cent of split ends before they start. I was sent these products, however, these two actually left my hair feeling so soft. If you suffer from split ends like me, pick this stuff up. Seriously.
1. While your hair dries, we are going to start with the makeup. Lay down an eye primer (I used Too Faced’s Shadow Insurance), and then with the Covergirl Dance Party trio, apply the lightest pink to the insides of your eyes, blending it towards the centre.
2. With the middle colour from the palette, apply this from the middle to the outer corners of your eyes.
3. With the darkest colour and your blending brush, apply this to your crease. I found this palette was really light, so don’t be too scared to really layer it on.
4. With a black eyeliner, like Covergirl’s Liquidline pencil liner in black, line your upper lash line, slightly winging it out. My favourite pencil liner is Make Up For Ever’s Aqua Eyes, but for being a drugstore one, this worked really well; it went on super smoothly.
5. Curl your lashes and apply a few coats of mascara. I used cult-classic Covergirl’s Lash Blast Volume mascara in Very Black.
6. Now for foundation, apply a full coverage foundation all over your face. I used Covergirl’s Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 foundation, which I actually ended up loving. I used the colour 910 Classic Ivory.
7. Conceal under your eyes, hiding dark circles and brightening the area, with a concealer that is a shade lighter than your skin tone. I used Covergirl + Olay Concealer Balm in 310 Fair.
8. Set everything with a powder foundation. I used Covergirl & Olay Pressed Powder in 320 fair/light.
9. I did slightly contour using Covergirl’s Clean Glow bronzer in Spices, but this look is all about the rosy cheeks. Lay on a pink blush, like Covergirl’s Cheekers Blush in Classic Pink.
10. The lips! Apply a nude pink colour on your pout to bring the look together. I used Covergirl’s Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Ballet Twist (this is a must have!)
Now for the hair…
11. Apply a split ends tamer to your ends to protect them. This is a must in my books. For this look I used Pantene’s Everlasting Ends Split Fix Creme.
12. For heat protection, smoothing, moisture, frizz control, flyaway taming, and a bunch of other remedies for your hair, apply Pantene’s Ultimate 10 BB Creme.
13. For some volume, lay on some mousse to your roots. I used Pantene Stylers Extra-Hold Mousse.
14. With a comb, create a deep side part.
15. Blow dry your hair, making sure to lift your roots to set the volume.
16. With a teasing comb, create some volume at the roots.
17. Bring your hair over to one side and braid it, the looser the better.
18. Pull some pieces out and then curl them. Spray everything and you are set!
I hope you enjoyed the look and let me know if you tried it out. Also, don’t forget to head over to P&G Beauty’s Looking Glass page.
Disclosure: I am a #BeautyUnited blogger. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events. The opinions on this blog are my own.
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- From BB to CC: Olay Total Effects CC Cream
- Snaps from Toronto part 2
- A trip to Toronto with P&G Beauty United
- Get whipped! Covergirl Clean Whipped Foundation