Inspired by the Yabi eyeshadow in Copperwire I received in my May Topbox, I was feeling like creating a bronzy sunset-inspired look last Friday night.
Here are the steps to create it.
1. Starting with the eyes, apply a bronze cream eyeshadow to your eyelids, creating a base. I used Maybelline 24-Hour Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze.
2. Moving to the crease first, apply a dark brown eyeshadow into the crease area with a fluffy crease brush. I used the darker colour from the NARS Cordura palette.
3. With a copper eyeshadow, apply this to your lids. I used Copperwire from Yabi Cosmetics.
4. Apply a liquid or gel liner, winging it out. I used Lancome Art Liner in black.
5. Curl your lashes and apply some generous coats of mascara. I used three different ones because I didn’t pop on falsies, It Cosmetics Hello Lashes, Clinique Lash Power, and Rimmel ScandalEyes Curve Alert.
6. Moving onto the face, first prime then I did a triple whammy with cream contouring. I first applied a light-coloured concealer under my eyes, on the bridge of my nose, and on my chin. Then, with a cream bronzer, I applied this on the hollows of my cheek bones, my temples, and under my chin. With a beauty blender and some foundation I mixed it all together.
7. Back to the eyes, with the same bronze cream shadow, apply this with a pencil brush along your lower lash line.
8. With a lighter brown eyeshadow, go over the cream shadow. I used the lighter colour from the NARS Cordura palette.
9. With a white eyeshadow, or in my case a cream one, apply this to the inner corners of your eyes. I used Rimmel London ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Stick in Witness White.
10. Fill in your brows using either a pencil or eyeshadow with an angled brush. I used Buck from the Urban Decay Naked one palette.
11. Apply a black eyeliner to your waterline.
12. Going back to your brows, apply that same white (or a nude) along your brow bone to open up your eye area.
13. With a pink blush, sweep this on your cheeks. I used Angelika from NARS. Finally (and not shown) apply a highlight along your cheekbones.
I hope you enjoyed the look!
Also…. happy birthday to me!! I turn the big 2-5 today. Eek! Getting old.
Finally, here are some recent Instagrams (follow me at @shayna_apopofcolour) from the last few weeks :).
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- It’s a scandal! Rimmel London ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Sticks
- A punch of colour: Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids (photos, swatches, and more)
- It Cosmetics Hello Lashes 5-in-1 mascara
- Falling leaves: a fall look featuring It Cosmetics