Last year I started experiencing irritation when I wore my contact lenses. I’ve been wearing contacts for probably over 10 years and would only wear glasses at night before I went to bed. Well since my eyes have apparently had enough, I have switched over to dailies, which unless I put them in in the morning, I don’t want to waste one of my precious lenses, which are more expensive than monthlies and don’t last as long. Aside from that, I’ve also drastically cut down on my contacts wear and choose to wear glasses most days.
Because of all this, I have had to adjust my makeup game. I tend to do a neutral eye and a soft lip so it complements my glasses. Also, it’s kinda tricky wearing false lashes since they tend to hit the lens.
When it comes to wearing makeup with glasses, less is definitely more. I tend to go with a neutral eye, since you won’t really see your eyeshadow that much, and then play up my skin more. I like rocking a medium to full-coverage foundation with some concealer (glasses can tend to create shadows under the eyes), some bronzer to carve out those cheeks, and a little highlighter that catches the eye when I turn my head. Lips are also a major focus point, since they aren’t being covered up.
I received a ton of new spring goodie from Maybelline recently and thought it was the perfect time to put them to test since some of their new stuff revolved around the brows, lips, and eyes.
I’ve been obsessed lately with the Brow Precise Perfecting Highlighter, which I’ve used in a few looks now. Having a strong brow game is super important with glasses, since they need to help complement your face. You may not see your eyeshadow, but you’ll definitely see your brows. This guy a nude-toned creamy highlighter that is angled perfectly so it fits right along that brow bone. As a result, you get accentuated brows for a polished look.
Speaking of the eyes, I dipped my brushes into the new 24K Nudes Eyeshadow Palette, which has 13 wearable shades in shimmers and mattes. Since you want to keep the eyes neutral, this palette is perfect for everyday wear. It also has a few darker shades if you want to turn up the volume.
For the rest of the face, I went with all Maybelline products, including their new Dream Brightening Creamy Concealer, which adds some light to under your eyes, a must with glasses! For the lips, I used one of their new Colour Sensational Shaping Lip Liners, which are soooooo creamy, then mixed a couple of their Colour Sensational lipsticks over top for a pink nude look.
1. Starting with the brows, fill them in and then use a highlighter along the brow bone. I used the Maybelline Brow Define + Fill Duo and the Brow Precise Perfecting Highlighter.
2. For the eyes, first lay down a primer, like the Master Prime Long-Lasting Eyeshadow Base. With a fluffy crease brush and the matte sand colour, apply that to your crease to act as a transition colour.
3. Next, with a crease brush, apply the shimmery golden brown colour to the crease.
4. To darken that up, apply the matte black lightly in the crease.
5. Mix the shimmery champagne pink and the shimmery gold (the very right and the very left colour on the top row), and apply that to your lids.
6. With a pencil brush and that matte black, apply that to your lash line to create a subtle line.
7. Curl your lashes and apply some mascara, I used Maybelline Lash Sensational Full Fan Effect mascara. For the lower lash line, I first applied a cream brown, like ColorTattoo Concentrated Crayon in Creamy Chocolate, then applied that shimmery brown that we used in the crease over top of the cream.
8. For the face, I used my favourite Maybelline foundation, Fit Me Matte + Poreless, and their new concealer, Dream Brightening Creamy Concealer.
9. To finish up the face, I used the bronzer and blush from the Face Studio Master Contour Contouring Kit, and the highlight is courtesy of the new Face Studio Master Strobing Liquid Illuminating Highlighter.
10. For the lips, I first outlined them and filled them in with the Colour Sensational Shaping Lip Liner in Nude Whisper. After, I lightly applied the Colour Sensational Matte lipstick in Almond Rose with Colour Sensational in Bare All over top to make it a little more nude. To set everything, I used the Maybelline Master Fix Wear Boosting Setting Spray.
I love this look because it can easily go from day to night. The glasses are the perfect complement to the whole thing and because they kinda dress-down the makeup and you end up looking very natural.
Although I prefer to wear contacts when I do my makeup for a night out, I actually ended up loving how this turned out. I’ll probably be rocking glasses more from now on…
How do you wear your makeup with glasses?
Please note, products provided by PR. All opinions are my own.
Like what you read? Check out these related posts.
- Ooh la la! Valentine’s Day Gift Guide, plus giveaway!
- How to be a #bombshell!
- Lovespell: a sweet Valentine’s Day look
- Bring on the glitz!