Just like you can never have enough lip products, you really can’t ever have enough eyeshadows.
New to the game at the Smashbox Photo Edit Eye Shadow Trios, a collection of three curated shadows for a variety of different looks. These portable, thin palettes that are shaped and look like a camera lens, contain three shadows, a base and two complementary shades and are available in a variety of neutrals, colour combinations, and finishes. Mix and match the three colours to create a variety of different looks for both day and night.
Smashbox has come out with 16 different palettes, 13 of which are a combo of mattes and shimmers, and the other three are glitters. The colour in these are highly pigmented and have witty names that are all social media savvy, like #Goals, Snap Queen, and Nudie Pic (available in Fair, Light, Medium, and Deep).
I received four of these trios to try out and I have to say that I’m quite impressed with these. I’ve never really been much for trios, since I like having an abundance of different colours to play with, but each trio is definitely perfectly curated to create a trifecta of awesome looks.
The shades I received are:
- Nudie Pic: Deep – three matte shades that create a subtle look with a deep contour (nude, burnt orange, and eggplant)
- Double Tap – Two shimmers and a matte; very wearable (shimmery champagne, shimmery rose gold, and matte deep brown)
- Day Rate – Two shimmering neutrals, and one deep green metallic (shimmery champagne nude, shimmery taupe, and metallic green)
- On Location – Vacation-ready blue with lighter shades to match (matte creme, sun kissed shimmery taupe, and a shimmery aqua blue)
It’s hard choosing which one of these is my favourite. There is definitely a time and place for all of them. Nudie Pic: Deep has some awesome workable mattes that are wonderful to use as base and transition colours (a must-have), Double Tap is the perfect everyday trio since it’s so flattering, On Location is great to travel to an exotic locale with, and Day Rate is the perfect night out palette.
I really like how Smashbox has paired up the colours in these, making it easy to wear a certain eye look. Like I said, I’m not one for trios usually, but these are great for travel or not having to think about what colour goes with what, it’s already done for you.
For C$26 each these are great value. The quality of the shadow is awesome, and I just love the packaging so much. It’s definitely on brand, plus those names? Never mind choosing which colour to pick, you’ll have a tough time picking one with the cutest name.
Like I said, I’m not a big fan of trios in general, but I like how easy these are. Just grab it and apply it, Smashox already did the homework for you.
Will you pick up any of the Smashbox Photo Edit Eye Shadow Trios?
Please note, products provided by PR. All opinions are my own.
Like this content? Check out these related posts:
- Up close+ personal: Smashbox Cover Shot palettes in Matte and Spotlight
- Get lit: Smashbox Light it Up Three Palette Set: Eyes, Contour, Lips
- The transformer: Smashbox Insta-Matte Lipstick Transformer
- New to the game: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil