Every since Daylight Savings Time hit I have been hitting “sleep” one too many times in the morning. As a result, my get-ready time in the morning has been lowered drastically and I have had to cut some steps out of my normal makeup routine.
Here’s my rushed morning look, which is also perfect for a fresh face as well.
1. Skip the foundation and instead apply a BB Cream. BB Creams act as a moisturizer, primer, foundation, and more, all in one handy little tube. I love Garnier’s Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream, which leaves a light finish but also makes your skin look luminous.
2. Just like you would with your foundation, apply concealer under your eyes and anywhere else it’s needed to cover dark circles and blemishes. I used Make Up For Ever’s 5-Color Camouflage Palette in number 2.
3. Fill in your brows to bring attention to your eyes. I used Buck from the Urban Decay Naked palette with an angled pencil brush.
4. Apply a light bronzer to add definition and a bit of a contour to your face. I used It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Bronzer because it gives me that light airbrushed finish.
5. I chose to go with something light for the cheeks, so I grabbed Benefit’s Benetint, which gives your cheeks that “I just got out of bed 20 minutes ago and rushed to work” flush ;).
6. Apply a couple coats of mascara to open up those eyes and make you appear more awake. I used Benefit’s They’re Real!
7. To finish, apply a highlight, like Benefit’s Watt’s Up, to add some glow to your face.
And that’s it! You can go with any shade of lipstick to finish the look, I grabbed Maybelline’s Color Sensational Vivid in Fuchsia Flash to add a pop of colour to my face.
What does your “rushed look” consist of?
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- Bright and bold with Make Up For Ever
- St Tropez: Bronze meets turquoise
- My picks for summer 2012: face, body, hair… and dog?
- Obsession of the moment: Lancome Kohl Liner in 501 Jade Crush