Well, if Wiarton Willie, Canada’s leading groundhog, was right, we will be seeing an early spring. And thank goodness because I am so over winter right now.
I have been feeling like wearing bright blues and yellows — colours I usually sport during the warmer months. So in anticipation of spring and summer ahead, I thought I would just bite the bullet and wear these bright shades to warm up my day (plus the weather has been kind of nice, well, better than -40 degrees C).
Here’s how to create the look.
1. With a yellow base, such as Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in 24 Yellow, apply this all over your lid area.
2. With a brown eyeshadow and a fluffy brush, apply this in the crease area. I used the two colours from the NARS Cordura eyeshadow palette, applied with a Inglot 6SS brush.
3. Moving onto the lid, apply a moss green colour with a flat eyeshadow brush. I used Too Faced Honeymoon from the Sweet Indulgences palette.
4. With a gold colour, apply this all over your lids with a fluffy crease brush. I used Half Baked from the Urban Decay Naked palette.
5. Going back to your crease, apply a dark brown eyeshadow with a pencil brush in the crease. I used Darkhorse from the Urban Decay Naked palette. With a fluffy crease brush, blend it all together.
6. To highlight, apply a champagne colour in the inner corner of your eyes. I used MAC Naked Lunch.
7. For eyeliner, first line your tightline with a black pencil liner, then line your upper lash line with a gel liner and slightly wing it out. I used Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in black and then Buxom Lash Liner in Sequins. After, apply mascara, and if you want, falsies. I didn’t use false lashes, just mascara. I applied Lancome Hypnose Star with Rimmel London Volume Flash ScandalEyes mascara over top to amp up the volume.
8. Moving onto the lower lash line, with a pencil brush, apply a primer first, then a shimmery golden-brown. I used Smog from the Urban Decay Naked palette.
9. This part is optional, but if you want to spice up the look and make it more fun, apply a blue liner over smog. I used Lancome Kohl Liner in Jade Crush. To finish up the look, apply mascara to your lower lashes.
And that’s it! I hope this look brings some warmth to your life. I’ll be rocking it again in a couple months.
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- Bright and bold with Make Up For Ever
- St Tropez: Bronze meets turquoise
- My picks for summer 2012: face, body, hair… and dog?
- Obsession of the moment: Lancome Kohl Liner in 501 Jade Crush