Okay, so I may have missed one awesome gift that can be also be split up when I posted my Friday post. Although this set can be gifted as-is or separated, I do think it warrants its own post.
Smashbox has released the cool kid at the party. The popular makeup brand collaborated with California neon artist Meryl Pataky to come up with this bright (and I mean bright) kit featuring some best-selling products.
This set contains three mini palettes in a neon orange/red box that are perfect for your makeup bag or travel kit. The three palettes are split up into different sets, so there’s a contour one for bronzing, highlighting and defining; a Photo Op Eye Shadow palette, which houses six purple and neutral-toned shadows; and the Be Legendary lipstick palette which includes high-pigment lip colours in cream and matte formulas.
Since this set is so versatile, I wanted to create a look using all three of these palettes. For the eyes, I actually used the majority of the shadows in the palette and once I got to really play with it, I enjoyed the combination of colours that Smashbox chose. Although there are only six colours, there’s a ton of different eye options you can do with this. As for the other palettes, the mini contour kit is a smaller version of their full size and the lip palette has some great formulation to it. I’ve never been a huge fan of lip palettes in general because I find them messy to deal with, but I loved the baby pink (Pretty Social) in this palette.
1. Fill in your brows then apply an eyeshadow primer. With Flamingo and an eyeshadow brush, apply that to your lid area.
2. With a fluffy crease brush and Totally Nude, lightly apply that to your crease.
3. With a crease brush, apply Amethyst (it’s actually the purple in the middle on the bottom row- not shown in the photo) in your crease. After, apply Dark Cocoa over Amethyst to darken it up.
4. To open up the eye area, apply Vanilla along the brow bone to highlight. After, apply a gel black liner along your upper lash line and wing it up. Then apply some mascara and falsies.
5. Apply your foundation and concealer and then contour using the contour palette. Apply the left colour in the hollows of your cheekbones and then the yellow over your concealer to set it.
6. Apply your blush (I used a Marc Jacobs one) and your highlight (I used one from Becca). For the lips I used Pretty Social with Jam On It Matte lightly over top in the centre.
This set is currently on sale at Sephora for C$45 (regular $55) but I think it’s a steal since you get so much product here from a premium brand. Also, I like how it’s not just one big palette, the three curated palettes make it easy for travel or to toss into your purse for makeup on-the-go. Plus, who can resist the neon packaging?!
Will you be picking up the Smashbox Light It Up 3-Palette set?
Please note, product provided by PR. All opinions are my own.
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- Pretty packages: Marc Jacobs Beauty holiday items for 2016
- Let it snow! 2016 holiday items from Too Faced Cosmetics
- Odds + ends: Seven small filler gifts for the holidays
- All that glitters is gold: Holiday picks from Sephora Collection