For some, New Years is a magical holiday, but for me, I actually dread the day. I would rather do 10 Valentine’s Days than one New Years because I feel like you are obligated to do something.
There’s always the mad text rush of “what are you doing for New Years?” days before the big day and I’m always left scrambling to find plans, when in reality, there’s nothing more I would rather do than just go to bed at 11 p.m. and pretend like it’s not the last day/first day of the year.
Now because I have major #FOMO (fear of missing out), I always manage to find something to do, and because it just may be the biggest night of the year I obviously have to go full-out glam squad. Usually I sport a smoky eye and glitter, but for this particular look, I chose to keep it a bit more icy. I used the Tarte Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow palette from the Tarte of Giving set to create this wintery look
1. Apply an eyeshadow primer and then, using scotch tape, apply this at an angle on the outer corners of your eyes. We want to create a sleek edge on the eye area.
With an icy-blue shadow, apply this to the inner corners of your eyes, blending it towards the middle. I used Bianca’s Coloring Book by Tarte.
2. With a metallic grey eyeshadow (Tom’s Stuffed Tiger), apply this in the middle of your eyes, taking it to the crease.
3. With a royal blue eyeshadow (Daniel’s Teddy Bear), and a pencil brush, apply this in the crease area and along the outer half of your lash line, bringing it up into the crease.
4. With a matte grey shadow (Anna’s Tea Set) apply this to your outer V, darkening the area up. After, remove the tape and then with a blending brush (MAC 217), blend it out so the line isn’t as harsh.
5. With that same royal blue eyeshadow, apply this along your lash line joining it to the crease.
6. Using a liquid liner, line your upper lash line, winging it out. To make it even darker, I went over the liquid with a pencil liner.
7. Curl your lashes, apply a couple coats of mascara, and then pop on some falsies. I used Katy Perry by Eylure lashes in Cool Kitty. After, apply a shimmery white to the inner corners of your eyes to open up the eye area. I used Covergirl Flamed Out Shadow Pencil in Ice Flame.
8. Apply your foundation, concealer, and powder. For the concealer, I really wanted to make my face light up, so I went with a shade lighter than my skin tone and applied this under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, my forehead, chin, and cupid’s bow to add some highlight. I used Covergirl Stay Fabulous Foundation, IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye in Light, and Make Up For Ever Pro Finish powder.
9. To finish up the eye area, pencil in your brows and then using that same icy white colour you used for the inner corners of your eyes, apply this along your brow bone to highlight.
10. Finish up the face by contouring your cheekbones, adding some blush, and then a highlight along your cheekbones. For the lips, I chose to go with a baby pink colour, YSL Rouge Volupte in #7 Pink Lingerie.
And that’s the final look! For the hair, I chose to keep it sleek, but I added a bit of glam with this jewelled headband from Claire’s. For more New Year’s inspiration, check out last Thursday’s Beauty Panel challenge on FASHION magazine online.
I hope you all have a safe and fun New Year’s Eve, whatever you may be doing. My only resolution for 2014 is to be more positive in life. I had a wonderful 2013 up until a few months ago when my boyfriend passed away. I don’t usually share my personal life on here that often, but it’s been an very difficult (and sad) time in my life. I would have never thought that my beauty blog would help me cope with all this, but it really has. If I didn’t have all these things to keep my busy, I don’t know what I would do.
Anyways, this is getting too sad, but I wish you all a Happy New Year and I hope you have a fun and safe new year’s eve.
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- The showstopper: Marc Jacobs Beauty Showstopper Set
- Deck the halls! Eos Smooth Sphere lip balm holiday pack
- Get glam! Glam Glow Mud Masks
- Raindrops on roses… Too Faced A Few of my Favourite Things set