In case you haven’t noticed, peach is totally in. And by peach, I mean peach makeup palettes.
I want to say Too Faced led the way with their Sweet Peach palette and then all the other brands followed suit. As I mentioned in Friday’s post, the Sweet Peach eyeshadow palette is the brand’s quickest seller and led the way to a whole peach collection. There’s a blush, a glow palette, and some lip products.
The one that started it all, the Sweet Peach palette is a peach-infused eyeshadow palette that contains 18 different shades in shimmers and mattes that give you complementary colours of pinks, peaches, browns, and purples. The colours are housed in a tin similar to their chocolate bar palettes and give you the option to create a wide variety of different looks to curate and play around with.
To give you that glow from within, there are some face products as well in this collection. Firstly they brought back Papa Don’t Peach blush (C$38), a brightening blush that they bring back every once in a while in special collections. This colour is similar to NARS Orgasm and as a result is universal for all skin tones. The colour is buildable and gives you a brightening, healthy glow.
Also for cheeks (and one of my favourite items from the collection), the Sweet Peach Glow (C$52) is a highlighting palette that contains a bronzer, blush and highlight. The blush is a little similar in colour to Papa Don’t Peach and gives you a subtle glow. If you want something more have duty, this isn’t it. Like the stand-alone blush, all three products in here are buildable, making this product more appropriate for daytime wear or for someone who doesn’t really wear much makeup, but would like some subtle contouring and a sheer glow.
Finally, I dedicated a whole post to the Sweet Peach Lip Oils, but these guys are available in eight different shades and are incredibly moisturizing, pack some colour, and are very comfortable on the lips.
Since this whole collection is as sweet as a Georgia peach, I wanted to create a daytime look since every item has more of a natural, daytime feel to it more so then a nighttime one. Everything in here is perfect for the spring and summer season, not only because of the sweet – and amazing – scent, but also because of the colour tones in the collection. There’s lots of soft pinks, corals, and browns that are more mid-range than dramatic.
I came up with a wearable daytime look that can easily transcend to night if you wish. I used a lot of pink shades in the palette, which if you have blue eyes like me, you may want to look in investing in this guy since pinks and purples tend to make blue eye colour pop.
1. As always, fill in your brows first then lay down an eyeshadow primer. With a fluffy crease brush, blend Candied Peach into the crease to act as a transition colour.
2. With your crease brush, mix Puree and Summer Yum together and lightly work that into the crease.
3. With a flat shader brush, lay down Just Peachy on the lid area, working that gently into the crease colour.
4. Using a smaller lid brush, lightly place Bellini on the centre of the lid to add some dimension to the colour.
5. For the inner corner, apply Nectar working it towards the inner quarter of the lid.
6. Finish up the upper lid area by lining your lash line and flicking the end out (I used Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper), then apply mascara and some falsies. I used Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara and some Kiss false lashes.
7. For the bottom lash line, first apply Summer Yum, focusing the colour more along the outer and middle.
8. With a pencil brush, work Charmed, I’m Sure along the outer lash line to darken it up. After, apply some mascara to your bottom lashes.
9. To finish up the face, apply your foundation and concealer (I used NARS Sheer Glow and Tarte Shape Tape Concealer), then apply the bronze colour from the Sweet Peach Glow Palette.
10. Since I wanted to try out the whole collection, I opted for the Papa Don’t Peach blush to create that inner glow.
11. To finish up the face, apply the highlight from the Sweet Peach Glow Palette to the highs of your cheekbones, cupid’s bow and temple.
12. Apply a pink nude colour to the lips first, Like Make Up For Ever Artist Matte Liquid Lipstick in 101, then apply the Sweet Peach Lip Oil in Peach, Please!
I really like this collection, but to be honest, the part I like most about it is the uber-cute packaging and the scent. Too Faced is really good with marketing their products. They always come out with the cutest designs and plus when they add a scent to their stuff, that definitely helps up the ante in terms of make up you just need to have.
Is this collection overhyped? Kinda. Like I said, this palette is great for green or blue-eyed gals and guys because there are so many pinks in there. It’s definitely more daytime appropriate compared to night, however, there are some darker shades that can make it transitional. I think the real hype lies in that it’s cute and contains a lot of basic colours, that if you are new to makeup or not really into it like other people then this is a good palette to have since it contains lots of wearable colours. Also, I feel like Too Faced is one of those brands that if you don’t have an eyeshadow palette from them, then you’re missing something in your collection.
As for the other products, I love them, but again, it’s more of a packaging thing for me (and that delicious scent!). Would I use the glow palette for a night out. No. It doesn’t have enough pigment in it to really give me a made-up look. But it’s great to apply at eight a.m. before I head to work.
So would I recommend the collection? Yes and no. If you are an avid makeup user that is serious about the products you buy, then no. But, if you are just an average makeup user that doesn’t go too crazy when they apply their makeup, then yes, look into it. It’s a cute palette to own and has so many workable colours that should be staples in everyone’s collection. I love the matte browns in here and the peach tone, Candied Peach, for the transition. The shades apply really nicely, they are buildable colours, meaning that you may have to work the shade in a little longer, but that’s okay. I prefer to add more than try to get rid of too much.
This is definitely one of those collections where it’s just too cute to pass up. I’m a sucker for cute packaging and honestly, I could sit here all day just giving this stuff a whiff.
Have you tried anything from the Too Faced Sweet Peach collection?
Please note, products sent by PR. All opinions are my own. This post also contains affiliate links.
Like what you read? Check out these related posts.
- Just peachy! Too Faced Sweet Peach Creamy Lip Oils
- Gothica! A look feat. the Kat Von D Star Studded palette
- Lovespell: a sweet Valentine’s Day look
- Bring on the glitz!