I’m a huge fan of smokey eyes, but since it’s such a dramatic look, I don’t often get to sport it. Two weekends ago I went to ‘da club, so I thought I would do something different. Although I’ll often rock a grey or bronze smokey eye, I chose to go with a purple one instead to make my blue eyes pop and prove that purple can be easy to wear.
The real gem behind this look are the Sephora collection Colorful Shadow & Liners, which give crazy colour payoff and are super smooth and blendable. I have these in three colours, two of which you wouldn’t necessarily use for everyday wear (hello, pink and purple). Regardless, these pencils made this look easy and fast to do, and really made the shadows pop.
1. With Sephora Colorful Shadow & Liner in Downtown Girl, apply this to your lids and then blend it out.
2. With a matte purple (I used Fascination Street from the Kat Von D Star Studded palette – limited edition from the holidays) apply this over the purple base.
3. Using a fluffy crease brush and a darker purple (I used Gothica from the same palette), work this into the crease to soften up the edges.
4. No liner is required for this look since the eyes are so dark. Instead, apply some mascara and falsies. I went dramatic with the lashes and used Kiss EZ Lashes in 05.
5. I wanted to make the lower lash line a bit lighter than the purple on top so it’s not too dramatic, As a base I used Call Girl.
6. To soften up the line, I applied CoverGirl Shadow Pot in 305, then lightly applied Fascination Street near the edges to ombre the lower lash line. After, I lined the waterline with the Sephora Colourful Shadow and Liner in Secret Boudoir (a must-have in my opinion). After, apply some coats of mascara to finish up the look.
And that, my friends, is the final look. I really liked this particular look because it’s not as harsh of a smokey eye that lots of people are used to. Also, if you have blue eyes, purples and pinks really make them stand out. For the lips I chose to nude to keep all the attention on my eyes. I’m wearing Too Faced Melted lipstick in Melted Sugar.
What’s your favourite shade of smokey eye?
Please note, products were sent by PR. All opinions are my own.
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- Sparkle & Shine! A holiday look featuring Make Up For Ever
- Up the high-def! Make Up For Ever releases HD Pressed Powder
- Brush it off! Make Up For Ever releases new Artisan Brush Collection
- The lash diaries: Make Up For Ever releases Smoky Extravagant mascara