When it comes to concerts, I’m more inclined to do up the hair and makeup rather than go all out with the outfit. Since I’m in Canada, sometimes the most concert-appropriate outfit may not be the best choice due to the weather.
Last Sunday was the Beyonce and Jay Z On The Run Tour here in Winnipeg and since it was Queen Bey, obviously more is more (although I have to admit that I enjoyed HOVA way better). I had my outfit all planned out, which consisted of lace shorts and a cute top but since it was an outdoor event, I chose to go with tights since the show was at night. Luckily that didn’t alter my plans for hair and makeup.
The look I went with is a sparkly blue smoky eye, using two of Make Up For Ever’s new Artist Shadows. I don’t often do a smoky eye much anymore since I don’t hit up ‘da clubs that often, but a Beyonce concert was a great excuse to bust out the dark eye makeup and false lashes.
1. Lay down an eyeshadow primer (I used Benefit Stay Don’t Stray, then with a dark blue cream eyeshadow (Yves Rocher’s Summer Collection Eye Pencil in Mediterranean Blue), apply this over your lid area.
2. With a dark blue sparkly eyeshadow, pat this over the blue cream shadow. I used Make Up For Ever Artist Shadow in M-110.
3. With a matte grey shadow and a fluffy crease brush, work this into your crease, smoking out the blue shadow. I used Make Up For Ever Artist Shadow in D-222.
4. With a shimmery white eyeshadow, apply this to your brow bone as a highlight. I used a shade from a limited edition holiday Marc Jacobs palette, but any shimmery white will do.
5. Since this is a smoky look, I often opt to skip the liner and just go heavy on the lashes. Curl your lashes, apply a couple coats of mascara and then pop on some falsies. I used Ardell Glamour Whispies and Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara.
6. Apply your foundation and concealer (do this after you do your eye makeup due to fallout) and then line your lower lash line with that same dark blue cream shadow. Over top, place the sparkly blue and then coat your lower lashes in mascara.
For the face, I used NARS Sheer Glow foundation and IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye in Light with the banana power from the Anastasia Contour Kit over top to set the concealer. I also used the Anastasia Contour Kit to contour and highlight, and Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Darling from the Off The Cuff Palette. For the lips I used CoverGirl LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Ballet Twist.
For the hair, I did loose curls and then a centre part with a gypsy headpiece. The outfit was all black with accents of gold.
How would you do your makeup at a Beyonce concert?
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- Sparkle & Shine! A holiday look featuring Make Up For Ever
- Up the high-def! Make Up For Ever releases HD Pressed Powder
- Brush it off! Make Up For Ever releases new Artisan Brush Collection
- The lash diaries: Make Up For Ever releases Smoky Extravagant mascara