Nothing gets me more excited for summer than summer makeup collections (okay, that may be a lie..). When I first laid eyes on Yves Rocher’s Mediterranean collection for summer 2014, it was love. Inspired by the Mediterranean Sea, this collection is filled with bright yellows, blues galore, and lots of bronze! Basically, what any summer makeup collection should be!
I received practically the whole collection, which includes an eye trio, lip glosses, nail polishes (plus a shatter polish), pigmented eye pencils, a compact bronzing powder, a glitter mascara, and a perfume and body wash.
If you aren’t already familiar with Yves Rocher, the French brand offers botanically-based beauty products to women all over the world. I was actually in a Yves Rocher store at Rome’s Termini Station and was so excited to finally look, feel, and smell everything, since you can only order the products online here in Canada. Although everything is plant-based, it’s actually pretty affordable stuff. The nail polishes retail for C$2.95; the glosses, C$4.95; the bronzing powder, C$9.95 (and the thing is huge!). I highly recommend checking out their Canadian e-commerce site and taking a look at all the products they offer.
Since I couldn’t wait til summer to start playing about with these bad boys, I took full advantage of the plus-20 weather in Winnipeg last Saturday and sat outside basking in the sun and creating a bronzy look from this collection.
1. Fill in your brows, then with a shimmery cream colour (the one I used is from the Smashbox Full Exposure palette), apply this to your brow bone to highlight.
2. Apply an eyeshadow primer (I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance), then with the copper brown Yves Rocher eye pencil, apply this on your lid and blend it out.
3. With a matte light brown (I used the middle colour from the Yves Rocher bronzing compact powder) and a fluffy crease brush, apply this under the highlight but slightly above your crease, acting as a transition colour.
4. With the bronze colour from the eye trio and a crease brush, work this into your crease and blend.
5. With the golden beige from the eye trio, apply this all over your lids. I love this colour as it’s so pretty and shimmery on the lids.
6. For the lower lash line, first apply the copper brown eyeshadow pencil to your lower lash line, then going back with your crease brush, dip it lightly into the blue and then work that into your crease, darkening up the eye area.
7. Line your upper lash line with a black liquid liner, winging it out. Then apply a couple coats of mascara.
8. Going back to that bronze eyeshadow and a pencil brush, line your lower lash line, then apply a couple coats of mascara.
9. Apply your foundation and concealer. I used DiorSkin Nude BB Cream with Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder over top. For concealer I used Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. After, with an angled blush brush, work that into the bronzing trio and then apply it to the hollows of your cheeks, your temples, down the bridge of your nose and under your chin to bring some warmth to the face. After, apply your favourite blush, I used Make Up For Ever HD blush in 215 Flamingo Pink.
10. To finish off the look, I used the Golden Beige lipgloss from the collection, which is something I’m obsessed with. I’m not a gloss fan, but I’ve been wearing this one pretty much non-stop since I got it.
And that’s the final look! Blues, yellows, and tans are always on trend for summer and Yves Rocher makes this trend easy to achieve. I did try out the polishes as well and found them to be very pigmented and a great bang for your buck (although I feel like the shatter trend’s ship has sailed by this point, but I see what they were trying to go for here…). My favourite items from the collection are definitely the eyeshadow trio (C$9.95), compact bronzing powder (C$9.95) and the Golden Beige lip gloss (C$4.95).
Check out the collection online when it launches in June 2014!
Are you going to pick up any items from Yves Rocher’s summer 2014 collection?
Note, this post contains products sent by PR. As always, all opinions are my own.
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- The showstopper: Marc Jacobs Beauty Showstopper Set
- Deck the halls! Eos Smooth Sphere lip balm holiday pack
- Get glam! Glam Glow Mud Masks
- Raindrops on roses… Too Faced A Few of my Favourite Things set