With it officially being February, that means that Valentine’s Day festivities are out in full swing. I have been seeing pink and red and hearts everywhere I go and although I’ll be celebrating “pal”entine’s day this year, that doesn’t mean that I have to look any less fab.
If you have been to the drugstore lately, or even just opened a fashion magazine, you may have spotted Covergirl’s latest Bombshell collection, consisting of a mascara, cream shadows, an eyeliner, and more. I received some of the products this month to try out and have been loving everything so far. Plus, the packaging is pink, who doesn’t love pink?!
If you feel like bombshelling, this look is very affordable to recreate, as most of the products are from the drugstore and by Covergirl.
1. Starting with the eyes, lay down a primer. I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Then, starting from the brows, fill them in and then lay down a white cream shadow along the brow bone to highlight. I used Covergirl Flamed Out Shadow Pencil in Crystal Flame.
2. Using a matte brown shadow and a fluffy crease brush, lightly apply this right under your highlight.
3. With a cream purple shadow, apply this to your lids. I used Covergirl Bombshell ShineShadow in Oh La Lilac (tip: a little goes a long way!).
4. With a black shadow and a crease brush (like a MAC 217), apply this lightly to your crease, building up the colour. I used Covergirl Flamed Out Shadow Pot in Molten Black.
5. Line your upper lash line, winging it out. I used Marc Jacobs Beauty Magic Marc’er in Blacquer, but Covergirl released a liquid liner in their Bombshell collection which seems similar.
6. Curl your lashes and apply a few coats of mascara. I used Covergirl Bombshell mascara (obviously). I will be doing a review on this mascara coming up, but I seem to get major lashes when I used side two first, then side one after; just a tip ;).
7. With that same black shadow and an eyeliner brush, line your lower lash line.
8. Apply the white cream shadow to the inner corners to open up the eye area. Also, line your waterline using a black pencil liner and then apply a coat of mascara to your bottom lashes. I used Covergirl Lashblast Clump Crusher on the lower lashes.
9. For the lips, I used Covergirl LipPerfection Lipcolour in Bombshell with Covergirl Lipslicks Smoochies Sizzle Gloss in Tickled Pink over top.
And that’s the final look! For the face, I used Covergirl Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 foundation, IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye in Medium for concealer, Covergirl Clean Bronzer in Spices for my contour, NARS Angelika blush, and my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette in Dimlight and Iridescent Light. On my nails, I’m wearing Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss in Ever Reddy (175).
I hope you enjoyed this look and happy bombshelling!
Disclosure: I am a #BeautyUnited blogger. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events. The opinions on this blog are my own.
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- From BB to CC: Olay Total Effects CC Cream
- Snaps from Toronto part 2
- A trip to Toronto with P&G Beauty United
- Get whipped! Covergirl Clean Whipped Foundation