I am a skincare fanatic. Seriously. No matter how lazy or tired I am, I will always wash my face in the morning and at night, as well as practice a good skincare routine. Cleanser, toner, eye cream, and moisturizer. If you have been a follower of mine for some time, you will know that I love my Clinique Three-Step System, something I have been using since I was 15. At the moment, I have been using the Philosophy Purity Cleanser with my Clarisonic Mia, but I always have the Clinique soap on hand in case I want to switch it up.
I was contacted by the people at Yves Rocher to try out their new skincare line Elixir 7.9. The line consists of three products (available for different skin types), a serum, eye cream, and moisturizer (one for day and one for night).
Elixir 7.9 took 12 years of research and is a combination of seven plants and nine patents (7.9, get it?).
The seven plants include:
- Apple Oligosides – smoothes wrinkles, boosts radiance and refines skin texture, and improves the global function of the skin.
- Aphloia Extract – Protects against environmental stressors.
- Beet Root Extract – Protects against environmental stressors and dehydration, and stimulates rehydration.
- Tara Seed Extracts – Improves skin’s cohesion between the derm and the epidermis. Fights against sagging skin and strengthens the dermo-epidermal junction.
- Aloe Vera Polyosides – Strengthens the deem, strengthens protection and hydration; consolidates the barrier function of the epidermis, and improves hydration.
- Sandthorn Seed Extract – Improves volume, elasticity, and density of the skin.
- Green Rice Inositol – Improves radiance and the overall look of the skin. Lets skin fully breathe.
Yves Rocher tested the line on 108 women before its launch and after one day, a lot of them felt that their skin appeared re-energized; after one week, first wrinkles appear smoothed; and, after one month, skin appeared radiant with youth. The products are paraben free, mineral oil free, and colorant free. The line is available in three formulas: normal to combination skin, dry skin, and sensitive skin.
I received the whole line in the normal to combination formula. After my moisturizer and toner, I would first apply the Youth Intensifier Serum, then the Youth Energy Eye Care Roll-On, which has a three-bead applicator so it rolls right on your skin, and then apply the Youth Energy Care Day Cream in the morning and then the Youth Energy Care Night Cream before bed. The only difference between the two I found was that the night cream was way thicker than its day counterpart. I also received a refill of the day cream, which pops right into the jar once the product has run out. It’s actually a really cool concept, because this way it saves you money buying the refill and its better for the environment because there’s less waste.
I did try out the regime, however, I didn’t keep it up for 30 days as I found it actually broke me out a bit. I didn’t really notice any differences after a day or week, but then again, I have 25-year-old skin and have taken pretty good care of it for the past 10 years. With that being said, my mom has been using it everyday, day and night since I got it in December and she has said that her skin looks younger (and she’s nearing 60).
I do have to say that the line is very fragrant, so if you have allergies, it may be a bit strong for you. I personally really liked the scent.
If you are interested in the line, it’s available online at Yvesrocher.ca. The serum retails for C$56, but it’s on sale for $31; the creams retail for C$56, but on sale online for $31 each; and the eye cream is C$42, on sale for $22. I highly recommend buying it online if you are interested in the regime.
Overall, although it didn’t work for me as well as I would have hoped, my mom has said nothing but positive things about the line, which I’m sure is more directed for women around her age than mine. I was super impressed by all the details that went into the products, so I would highly recommend giving it a try if you are interested.
Are you going to try out Yves Rocher’s ELIXIR 7.9? Tried it? What were your thoughts?
Note, this post contains products sent by PR. As always, all opinions are my own.
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- The showstopper: Marc Jacobs Beauty Showstopper Set
- Deck the halls! Eos Smooth Sphere lip balm holiday pack
- Get glam! Glam Glow Mud Masks
- Raindrops on roses… Too Faced A Few of my Favourite Things set