I am always down for trying new products, so when Yves Rocher contacted me to try out some of the fall releases, I was game.
Whenever I hear of the brand, the first thing that comes to mind are the chocolates Ferraro Rocher (yeah, I’m weird like that). Yves Rocher (the makeup brand), hails from France and has 1,500 stores worldwide. You can also order their products online through yvesrocher.ca. Their products are made in Europe (major plus in my books) and a lot of their ingredients are derived from plants, so they are effective and safe for the environment.
I got to try out two of their single eyeshadows, Nude Rose (21) and Brun Cendre Mat (103), their three-in-one eye pencil in brown, the Volume Vertige Lash Curler Effect mascara (which is ah-mazing), and the Sexy Pulp Volume Gloss in Clear Coral.
The look I created uses all of these products, but there are numerous dupes for each and every one.
1. Apply foundation and concealer and then, starting with the eyes, apply a pinky-nude cream shadow as a base. I used Benefit Cosmetics Creaseless Cream Shadow in RSVP.
2. With a shimmery champagne pink eyeshadow, like Yves Rocher’s Single Eyeshadow Intense Colour in Nude Rose (MAC’s Naked Lunch is a great dupe), apply this all over the lid area.
3. With a mauve colour, like Yves Rocher’s Brun Cendre Mat, which is matte eyeshadow, apply this in your crease.
4. Because this look is soft, I used a brown eyeliner, like Yves Rocher’s three-in-one eye pencil in brown. Line your upper lash line, slightly winging it out. Also, line your lower lash line with this, and with your finger, gently smudge it.
5. Curl your lashes and apply lengthening mascara. I used Yves Rocher’s Volume Vertige mascara, which is actually amazing (look at my lashes). Expect a full review of this mascara soon because it’s bomb.com.
6. To finish up the look, contour your cheeks with a bronzer (I used Covergirl Clean bronzer in Spices) and add a blush to your cheeks (I used Benefit Rockateur). Finally, apply a gloss to your lips. I used Yves Rocher Sexy Pulp lipgloss, which is a plumping gloss, creating a bee-stung look.
The final look is subtle, but very sweet.
For those of you interested, if you visit Yves Rocher’s Canadian Facebook page, you can enter to win $250 worth of products. I have seriously been loving their mascara and gloss.
Let me know if you have tried Yves Rocher products. This was my first foray into the brand and I have a feeling that it won’t be my last.
Please note, I was sent these products by PR. All opinions are my honest own.
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- The best time of the year: Sephora birthday gift 2013
- It Cosmetics Hello Lashes 5-in-1 mascara
- The Lash Diaries: Lancome Hypnose Star mascara
- Northern Lights: Sephora + Pantone Universe SpectraLight collection