Halloween is two days away and luckily it hasn’t snowed just yet (well, no heavy snow fall, that is…). I have been obsessed with all things pumpkin, and with the falling leaves and the colours of fall sprouting up everywhere, I got inspired to wear those shades via makeup.
I recently received a few new products from It Cosmetics; their Hello, Light! Anti-Aging Radiance Illuminating Powder, the Luxe Angled Radiance Brush, and their No-Tug Silk Anti-Aging Waterproof Eyeliners in the colours Golden Bronze, Graphite, and Navy.
I have featured It Cosmetics on here many times because I absolutely love the brand. Unfortunately you can only order it through QVC, The Shopping Channel in Canada, or through their official site, itcosmetics.com, so swatching products may be a bit hard, but everything I tried from them I have loved. Just a quite refresher on the brand, It Cosmetics works with leading plastic surgeons to infuse cutting-ede anti-aging technology into their products.
This is the first time I have used their eyeliners. Their No-Tug Anti-Aging Waterproof eyeliners are infused with Hydro-Collagen, Silk, and Vitamin C&E and are waterproof. I recently found my holy-grail pencil a few months back and I absolutely swear by Make Up For Ever’s Aqua Liner because it’s waterproof, long lasting, and glides on your skin. It Cosmetics’ No Tug liners are definitely waterproof (I had to scrub these off), and you have two minutes to do whatever you want with the product once applied before it sets. It took a few uses of the pencil to truly glide on, but once it seemed more creamier it was easier to work with. All three colours that I tried gave really good colour payoff. The pencil is also available in Black, Brown, and Plum.
Between MUFE’s liner and this one, I think I would still stay with the MUFE one, however, It Cosmetics does present a really good liner. If you are looking for something that will not budge once applied, I would definitely go for this one; I just prefer the creaminess of the MUFE one better, but they are both good liners.
Aside from the eyeliners I also received the Hello, Light! Anti-Aging Radiance Illuminating Powder with the Luxe Angled Radiance brush. Okay, I can officially say I am obsessed with this product.
Hello, Light! is infused with Hydrolyzed Collagen, Peptides, and Drops of Light technology. It also has Vitamins A, C, and E. It Cosmetics also says it’s free of talc, parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate, mineral oil, petrolatum, synthetic fragrance, and phthalates. The highlight absorbs oil and shine while blurring away the look of pores and fine lines without settling into wrinkles.
I absolutely love this highlighter, as well as the Luxe Angled Brush (which is super soft might I add). I have a few highlights but this one takes the cake on my new favourite. The product just glides on your skin and it’s such a breeze to apply, especially with the brush which is the perfect shape for applying this product. Once it’s on, you have such a nice glow that is subtle, yet noticeable. The way the light hits the highlight is so gorgeous that you are left with perfect dewy skin. You can pick up both the powder and brush as a set on QVC for $35 USD. I highly recommend this one.
I used all these products, as well as the Hello Kitty – Say Hello palette in Wild Thing to achieve a perfect fall look. The navy, bronze, and graphite liners, combined with bronzy eyeshadow, and finished with the perfect glow reminds me of a beautiful fall day.
Here’s how to get the look!
1. Make sure to apply your foundation, blush and bronzer first. I used Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15 (my new favourite foundation), Too Faced bronzer in Sun Bunny Light, and NARS blush in Madly.
After an eyeshadow primer is applied, using a moss green colour, like the one from the Hello Kitty – Say Hello, Wild Thing palette, apply this all over your lid area.
2. Grabbing a bronze colour, apply this in your crease area, and using a fluffy brush, blend the colours, softening it up. The two colours mixed together actually result in a really pretty gold shade.
3. Next up, with the purple colour, apply this in the outer corners of your eyes just to darken up the area. Make sure to blend.
4. With a light-coloured eyeshadow, like a cream or white, apply this to the inner corners of your eyes and your brow bones. I actually used the blush colour from the Hello Kitty palette, which is the lightest blush I have ever seen. I often use this product as a highlight instead.
5. With a bronze-coloured eyeliner, like It Cosmetics No-Tug eyeliner in Golden Bronze, apply this along your lower lash line.
6. With a navy-coloured liner, apply this on your waterline. I used It Cosmetics No-Tug eyeliner in Navy.
7. With a grey-coloured liner, apply this along your upper lash line and wing it out slightly. I used a grey liner for this look because it’s not as harsh as a black; I wanted to keep this soft. I used It Cosmetics No-Tug eyeliner in Graphite. Once you are done your eyeliner, curl your lashes and apply mascara. I used YSL Volume-Effet Faux Cils Shocking in Black to my upper lash line and Stila Forever Your Curl mascara in Black to my lower lash line.
8. To finish up the look, apply a highlight to your cheek bones, on the bridge of your nose and wherever else you would like a little radiance. I used It Cosmetics Hello, Light! Anti-Aging Radiance Illuminating Powder. For the lips, apply a light-coloured or nude lipstick. I used Sephora Disney Cinderella Moonlit Kiss Lipstick in My Moment.
I hope you enjoyed this look! What’s your favourite thing about fall?
Please note, I was provided with these products for review purposes. With that being said, all opinions are my honest own :).
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- Lift without the Botox: It Cosmetics Brow Power Lift
- Banish those under-eye circles!
- Polished brows featuring It Cosmetics
- The perfect bronzed glow