With my favourite holiday coming up (Halloween!) I thought I would put together some looks which are easy to do. This fairy makeup look is simple and can easily transcend into the holiday season if you loose the circle contact lenses.
Here are the steps!
1. Prime your lids with a eyeshadow primer, I used Urban Decay’s Primer Potion (not shown). From there, apply a silver cream eyeshadow all over the lid area as a base. I used Make Up For Ever’s silver colour from the 12-colour Flash Palette (colour 003). An affordable dupe would be NYX Cosmetic’s cream eyeshadow in Silver.
2. Using a silver eyeshadow, apply this colour all over the lid over the silver cream shadow. I used Lancome Color Design eyeshadow in metallic silver; a number of companies make affordable dupes.
3. Grabbing a shimmery black colour, apply this in the crease area and blend using a fluffy crease brush. I used a black with silver glitter from Inglot; MAC Black Tied and Creep from the Urban Decay Naked one palette are similar colours.
4. Using that silver eyeshadow again and a pencil brush, apply the colour along the lower lash line.
5. Using a white eyeliner, line your waterline. I used a NYX eyeliner in white.
6. To add a bit more shine (and fairy dust), apply a silver glitter all over the lid area over top of the silver eyeshadow. I used Make Up For Ever’s Holodiam powder in #3 (will be released in November 2012). An affordable dupe is NYX’s Glitter Powder in Crystal.
7. Apply either a gel liner or a liquid liner along your upper lash line, winging it out. I used Sephora’s waterproof gel liner in Must Have (black).
8. Grabbing your most voluminous mascara, apply it to your upper and lower lashes. Don’t forget to curl your lashes beforehand! I used Rimmel London’s ScandalEyes Curve Alert mascara.
9. Apply some false lashes to really add some oomph to the look. I used Forever 21 cat eye lashes that I applied to the outer corners for a more whimsical look.
10. Finishing up, apply a nude lipstick with glitter gloss over top. I used MAC Myth with MAC’s Lip Gelee in Fashion Flower over top.
11. Optional: Pop in some circle contact lenses for a whimsical look. I got mine from Angel Contacts.
Hope you enjoyed the look and let me know if you try it out!
Also, don’t forget to enter my It Cosmetics Brow Power and Brow Power Lift giveaway!
Like what you read? Check out these related posts:
- Brown and beautiful: NARS Cordura duo
- Alexandra Stan’s Lemonade music video inspired look
- The perfect bronzed glow
- Banish those undereye circles!