So I am slowly getting getting back into the swing of things. Whoever said “I need a vacation after a vacation” was seriously a genius. Anyways, I will get onto the haul posts but I’m saving those until the weekend when I’ll have more time to take photos. In the meantime I thought I would share what makeup I pack for when I travel.
The bag I use is the Holt Renfrew Paramount Beauty Bag which was available last Christmas season at Holt Renfrew stores (it’s like a Canadian Neiman Marcus or Saks Fifth Avenue). I am seriously obsessed with this bag. I have a ton of different makeup bags but this one is just the perfect bag for travel. It has three compartments (a large bag, a smaller, separate pouch, and a mesh pouch inside that you can snap out). I put all my makeup in the main bag with the smaller items (like tweezers, eyelash curlers, perfume, etc.) in the mesh pocket. My makeup brushes, as well as Q-tips, cotton pads, and jewelry were stored in the removable, smaller pouch. Everything fit perfectly, and was stuffed full by the time I came home (like always, I loaded up on makeup on vacation).
Anyways, here is what I packed for my trip (this is not including the makeup I bought there, I’m saving that for my haul post).
- MAC Pro Longwear foundation (NC 15)
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Concealer
- Maybelline 24-Hour Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe
- MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
- YSL Touche Eclat (I forgot what number I am on this, I want to say 1)
- Angel perfume purse spray
- Bath and Body Works Vanilla Noel hand sanitizer
- Clinique trio (I use the colour sable for my eyebrows)
- eos lip sphere (strawberry I think)
- NARS Danmari cheek palette (includes four blushes, one highlight, and a bronzer)
- Urban Decay Naked palette
- Benefit High Beam
- Benefit That Gal! primer
- Urban Decay Primer Potion (mini sized)
- MAC black Liquid Eye Liner
- MAC black eyeliner pencil
- Sephora eyelash curler
- Shu Uemura mini eyelash curler (for those hard to reach lashes)
- DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum and Primer (travel sized)
- DiorShow mascara (travel sized)
- YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick in #7 Lingerie Pink
- MAC lipstick in Quick Sizzle, Innocence, Beware!, and Naughty Saute (all from the Shop MAC collection)
- MAC Kissable Lip Colour in Enchantee
- Velour lashes in Lash in City
- Lash Grip eyelash glue
As for the brushes, I brought three eyeshadow brushes (they are all brush sizes and textures), an angled contour brush, a blush brush, a pencil brush, a flat top powder brush (I use this for liquid foundation), a crease brush, and a few others for miscellaneous makeup application.
Phew! Looking back at the list it does appear that I brought a ton of stuff but I did end up using everything except for MAC’s Quick Sizzle lipstick and YSL’s Rouge Volupte #7.
What do you carry in your travel makeup bag? Leave me a comment below!
Like what you read? Check out these related posts!
- My makeup must haves!
- The Holiday Collection: Holt Renfrew Paramount Beauty Bag
- Winter Foundation Routine
- From Pink to Nude: Three Valentine’s Day Looks
- Shop MAC Lip Colour Haul